Thread: USB loader failed - now blacks screens

USB loader failed - now blacks screens

First of all; great site. Thanks so much for the valuable info that I have gathered so far. Great Job !!

A week ago, I successfully loaded up the Home brew channel, then started to backup my Wii discs to my USB hard drive. I was able to play the games directly from the drive. All was fine. Until this morning:

At the point of loading a game, the system would hang. I tried to troubleshoot this, by deleting a game (SM bros) then reinstalling it. This simply then resulted in a black screen when I cicked the spinning on-screen disc.

I then tried to further troubleshoot by re-installing everything from back to front. The best I got, was still a black screen (no sound) at the same point of loading the game at the spinning disc.

I then tried to start again, from the start, re-formated the SD card, and the hard drive. Still the same black screen.

I am running at 4.2U.

I have spent quite a bit of time on this. Can anyone shed any light on this?

everything from start to finish

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Southern Fairy Land
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Try deleting the config file from the sd, a new one will be created when you start usb loader

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Thanked 2,136 Times in 1,501 Posts
    Black screen is usually a missing ios. What guide did u follow to softmod? What cios rev do u have? Did u look at the NSMB guide b4 installing? What Loader r u using?