Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Wasabi.V3 + Presoldered "solderless" WiiClip.V5B

  1. #1

    Wasabi.V3 + Presoldered "solderless" WiiClip.V5B

    Okay .. so I just got my new Wasabi V3 presoldered WiiClip V5B.
    Running on US-NTSC D2C2 Drive. 3.3U Firmware.

    Took the Wii apart .. installed WiiClip (already has the chip presoldered + the 2 points on WiiClip by one wire).

    Thought I'd test to make sure the Wasabi had a Green LED working. Power on .. Green LED on the Wasabi .. okay! Put it all back together!

    Stick in an original game (WiiSports) .. Drive takes disc .. spins up .. go to Disc Channel .. "Unable to Read Disc". Thinking .. at least my Wii doesn't have an error and spit out the DVD.

    Eject Disc .. take apart Wii again .. check LED light again .. GREEN!

    So THAT is where I am right now .. my Wii is disassembled in front of me. I already have opened a support ticket .. but being after midnight now .. thought I might get some ideas from everyone.

    Anything I need to cut, short, scrape or re-jumper?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    Okay .. so I just got my new Wasabi V3 presoldered WiiClip V5B.
    Running on US-NTSC D2C2 Drive. 3.3U Firmware.

    Took the Wii apart .. installed WiiClip (already has the chip presoldered + the 2 points on WiiClip by one wire).

    Thought I'd test to make sure the Wasabi had a Green LED working. Power on .. Green LED on the Wasabi .. okay! Put it all back together!

    Stick in an original game (WiiSports) .. Drive takes disc .. spins up .. go to Disc Channel .. "Unable to Read Disc". Thinking .. at least my Wii doesn't have an error and spit out the DVD.

    Eject Disc .. take apart Wii again .. check LED light again .. GREEN!

    So THAT is where I am right now .. my Wii is disassembled in front of me. I already have opened a support ticket .. but being after midnight now .. thought I might get some ideas from everyone.

    Anything I need to cut, short, scrape or re-jumper?
    maybe you have to link the point F from the wiiclip to point F on the Wii.

  3. #3
    Member
    Retired Staff Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,494
    Take a look at the following installation diagram and confirm that the wasabi is correctly soldered to the points outlined in the diagram for a d2c2 wii.

    http://www.wasabi.net.cn/wasabi11.pdf

  4. #4
    I'm pretty sure the Wasabi is soldered correctly to the WiiClip .. the "F-Point" on the WiiClip is already soldered to the "Q-Point" on the WiiClip.

    Guess I need to see if pins are bent?

  5. #5
    No bent pins .. installed correctly (I don't see how you can really screw up attaching a WiiClip).

    Took off the damn WiiClipped Wasabi .. everything returns to normal non-modded Wii mode.

    Keeping it off for now .. don't wanna bend any pins or strain the WiiClip.

    Bad Clip? Bad Chip?

    I don't have another Wii to test on .. but I do have my Wal-Mart 2-year extended warranty + Nintendo's. Bought the unit 9/12/08.

    Should I take a chance and see if it's the Wii itself? I KNOW I don't wanna get a replacement Wii with a D2E and Epoxy!!

  6. #6
    Wiihacks Recommended
    Pro Installer/Store
    Senior Member
    Spyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area
    Posts
    1,546
    jumper 1 isnt soldered, if you solder jp1 it will work
    Send me a PM if you need any Canadamods.ca support

    $9.95 Flat Rate Shipping to Canada & USA
    Official Support for Canadamods. I am here to help.

    email: sales@canadamods.ca | website: http://www.canadamods.ca | Phone: +1 416 728 0648

    We are the Official Distributors for: P.3Key, Wode JukeBox, WasabiDX, WiiKey, DriveKey, M3i & More - Always Authentic Guarenteed !
    Buy Wode JukeBox v2.0 here: Here

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyman View Post
    jumper 1 isnt soldered, if you solder jp1 it will work
    Holy crap .. you figured that out with the crappy photo I uploaded? LOL!

    Thanks Spyman!! .. and thanks to jbloggs for the PDF Diagram! .. man you guys are GOOD!!

    Okay .. so do I solder point to point or by wire? For USA.

  8. #8
    Thanks to all!

    Soldered Jumper 1 together for a US Wii .. and all works okay now. Reads originals and backups.

    I love you guys!

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    27

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    Thanks to all!

    Soldered Jumper 1 together for a US Wii .. and all works okay now. Reads originals and backups.

    I love you guys!
    great that its working for you now, and yes those guys are cool.

  10. #10
    Wiihacks Recommended
    Pro Installer/Store
    Senior Member
    Spyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area
    Posts
    1,546
    been doing these for ages, I know what to look for
    Send me a PM if you need any Canadamods.ca support

    $9.95 Flat Rate Shipping to Canada & USA
    Official Support for Canadamods. I am here to help.

    email: sales@canadamods.ca | website: http://www.canadamods.ca | Phone: +1 416 728 0648

    We are the Official Distributors for: P.3Key, Wode JukeBox, WasabiDX, WiiKey, DriveKey, M3i & More - Always Authentic Guarenteed !
    Buy Wode JukeBox v2.0 here: Here

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •