Thread: Wiikey 2 odyssey update questions from a newbie....

Thanks

Wiikey 2 odyssey update questions from a newbie....

"Wiikey 2 firmware v1.3 released - NSMB now working!

[2009.12.16]
    After a solid week of beta testing (thanks to our distributors and Xavbox) we are pleased to announce the release of v1.3 ('Odyssey') of the Wiikey 2 firmware. This is a DVD update which can be downloaded and applied immediately. This fix includes a hardcoded BCA for NSMB which will allow owners of original copies of this game to play their backups without any issues. There is no need to apply a patch to the .iso. " I followed the link and downloaded the US version for me and downloaded a file called "wk2UsaV1.3.tar.bz2". It may seem dumb to ask, but how do I install this file to my wiikey 2? Please help, I'm very new at this. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    I just downloaded it and had a look, it's an ISO. I would assume you burn it to a DVD, like burning a game ISO, and insert it in the Wii.

3. 1 User Says Thank You Stomp_442 For This Useful Post

Thanks

Thanks for your info...

I burned it with imgburn and it updated my wiikey2 as a gamecube. It still doesn't run my PAL backups however...is this normal? Is softmodding the only alternative to cross-region reading games on the wii for a wiikey2 console? Thanks again for your time.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Is your Wii on 4.2 system menu? The 4.2 update has eliminated out of region disc loading. I assume you have a NTSC console since you mention your Wii cannot play PAL.

6. 1 User Says Thank You Stomp_442 For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Yes I have a U.S. console. Thanks for your help. Are there other limitations with the wiikey 2?As it is I just lost all my PAL save files. good-bye Mario Kart maps & characters.