Thread: installing wii ware/homebrew as a channel

installing wii ware/homebrew as a channel

this has probably been answered and will be a silly question but i wasnt able to find it searching/didnt know exactly hot to word this so here goes.

i got some wii ware games and they are working fine running through hbc but i was wondering if i was able to install them as their own channels instead of having to run up into the hbc and starting them there.

the folders are of course put under /apps and contain:
    boot.dol
    icon.png
    meta.xml

is there a way to install such an item as a channel to run them? that as well i was trying to do with geekbox. any assistance would be wonderful! or a point to the right faq or forum would be nice as well.

I haven't seen any WiiWare games that are run from the HBC, the only ones I've seen are wads that get installed to the Wii.

the folders are of course put under /apps and contain:
    boot.dol
    icon.png
    meta.xml
    Almost any boot.dol can be made into a channel or a forwarder can be made to install as a channel that runs the app from the SD:/apps, you just have to look around for one. Becareful of installing wads, a bad wad can brick your Wii.

here is an example of forwarders you can install - Animated Forwarder & Hybrid Channels By pepxl - GBAtemp.net

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Sounds like homebrew games, u can use the boot dol in custimizemii to create your own channels