Thread: Multiboot Wii Questions

Multiboot Wii Questions

Hi everyone, recently I softmodded my wii & now I want to run multi-iso DVDs. Specifically, I want all my favourite games on one disc(Mario Kart, Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing, Super Mario Galaxy & Super Smash Bros Brawl). I've found some tutorials for making the multi-boot DVDs, but I have a few questions:

1) Can I run a multiboot disc from the disc channel if I have a modchip?
    2) Can I switch/choose games at the disc channel and/or in-game?

Also I have found this video: YouTube - GCOS MultiGame Edition
    Are there any discs that can allow me to run multigame wii isos? How can I put the Homebrew multiboot app to disc to use on the wii like GCOS?

RedArrow

I thought that sort of thing was for Gamecube games only. I've not heard of multi Wii Isos on disc. I could be wrong though.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

Nah people can & have made multi-iso wii discs, I just need to find a disc that can launch them like GCOS launches gamecube multi-isos.

RedArrow

Mario Kart, Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing, Super Mario Galaxy & Super Smash Bros Brawl
    The SSBB iso comes from a dual layer disc and is 7.11 GB, MarioKart is 2.59 GB, and SMB is 3.28 GB. It will not be possible to get all those games on a single disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Stomp_442 View Post
    The SSBB iso comes from a dual layer disc and is 7.11 GB, MarioKart is 2.59 GB, and SMB is 3.28 GB. It will not be possible to get all those games on a single disc.
    Your right, that is an insane amount of space but through shrinking it should be possible to get at least 2 of those mentioned games on one disc, I'm terribly concerned if I can't get ALL of them on one disc, however I'd still like to decrease the amount of discs I use. If I could find a disc like GCOS that works for wii games without needing trucha patch that would be very convenient to me & other out there.

RedArrow

however I'd still like to decrease the amount of discs I use
    Why not just usb load! You dont need any disc's for that.

Quote Originally Posted by bmarlo View Post
    Why not just usb load! You dont need any disc's for that.

True, however I have a Mac OSX so I cannot format my thumb drive. Anyway I use it at school & I've always been partial to discs over USB, software complications arise sometimes when you try to use it. Besides I also want to try making a bootable wii disc from a homebrew app myself, but if I can bypass that whole process by finding a disc, that's much better.

RedArrow

I think I may of found what I'm looking for. Check out this video: YouTube - Wii Multiboot DVD

However I cannot be sure he was loading from the disc channel, I didn't see it on the system menu & even if he was using the disc channel, I don't know where this disc can be found. Any ideas/thoughts?

RedArrow