Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wii fully bricked, black screen, no boot2, have nand dump - savemii any good?

Post wii fully bricked, black screen, no boot2, have nand dump - savemii any good?

hi all,

i've updated a few wiis with softmods but this ones buggered on me this time.

i was cleaning the wii making it virgin so the system menu went from 4.2 to 3.2 and was updating to 4.1 or 4.0 i forgot and after a restart i got the black screen treatment.

i wouldn't allow bootmi as boot and so was installed as ios, i did make a nand backup before it went bust.

after doing some reading it looks like a need a nand programmer to flash nand.bin (but its hard to find the infectus chips and soldering it is a git).

option #2 look like this savemii dongle looks like a good option, just wondering if anyone else has had any good luck with it. As far as i can tell i need plug it in and it will give my system version and from there i can download an autoboot update disc with an higher system version (and so i'll need a modchip to run the custom update disc - drivekey looks an easy option).

p.s. i know u need a gc controller for savemefrii but do you also need 1 for savemii method?
    Last edited by uk_dan2k; 04-29-2010 at 10:07 AM.

I have never done it but they say you can use the SaveMiiFree method as an alliterative to the SaveMii.

DA KINE WiiHacker
    The only way to fix it is to flash your nand backup with a nand programmer, though job. You install your system menu to a stubbed ios60, common way to fully brick your wii. Sorry for your luck.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.

Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

NAND PROGRAMMER
    that is why everyone should never downgrade and you should have followed hmm dogeggs guide to virginize the WII

found someone one on ebay, reprograme my nand, wont be making that mistake again

Wonder if that was me....

Thumbs up lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Ad84 View Post
    Wonder if that was me....
    lol proberly was, only 1 guy sells the service on ebay in england, small world lol.

Yeah, sounds like it was me.

SlackR84 is my ebay username.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Ad84 View Post
    Yeah, sounds like it was me.

SlackR84 is my ebay username.
    lol that's the life saver

Bad_Ad84 , I would be interested in getting one as well. I PM'ed you in ebay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast