Thread: new wii

new wii

I just purchased a new wii. When I placed my serial number it said 50% is a d2c and 25% is a d2c2. How do I know if it's cut or uncut? Also if it's cut can I use a solderless chip? Thank you

Retired Staff Member

Hi jgunz, welcome to the WiiHacks community.

If its just been purchased from a regular retail store then its more than likely a D2E Wii. You can confirm by going to following site and entering you serial number

Wii Drive Chip Database

Banned
    Or you can try wiitracker.com That is where I went and I got a good assumption of what type of drive my Wii has.

my wii serial is LU5827 I went to Wii Drive Chip Database is showing as a canada/D2c2. But I bought it in the united states.

http://wiitracker.nintendo-scene.com...al=LU582710496 I went to this website and it tells me.

There is a 50% chance that your drive chip is a GC2-D2C

There is a 50% chance that the pins on your drive chip are not cut.
    Last edited by jgunz; 10-03-2008 at 01:18 PM.

Us

Quote Originally Posted by jbloggs View Post
    Hi jgunz, welcome to the WiiHacks community.

If its just been purchased from a regular retail store then its more than likely a D2E Wii. You can confirm by going to following site and entering you serial number

Wii Drive Chip Database
    Can anybody please tell me if I can trust these websites and assume I have a d2c or d2c2? Also if the pins are cut can I buy a solderless modchip?

the pins arent cut for d2c or d2c2 wiis. grab a solderless chip and you are good.

Quote Originally Posted by n1tro View Post
    the pins arent cut for d2c or d2c2 wiis. grab a solderless chip and you are good.
    Thank you. But with your experience and knowing my serial do u know if I do have a d2c or d2c2 and not a d2e. I just don't want to buy the wrong modchip thank you

no one could said it's 100% for sure the chip/clip works fine on your machine. it's 50-50. I purchased 2 Wasabi 100% solderless chip/clip which could work for all d2c, d2c2 and d2e, but they didn't work on my 2 wii systems, but it works fine on my friend's wii. even my chip and my friend are the same as d2e. i don't know why, even the seller couldn't answer me why. I have to return it to the seller. Hopefully, they can refund or exchange it with a different one until i'm lucky to get the right one.

Mike69 is correct, a solderless wasabi, d2pro9 or d2sun will work if you have a d2c, d2c2 or d2e wii. Just order, install, and enjoy!

thank you to everyone