Hello friends, I have a wii that is softmod. I'm can no longer get on any wifi networks. I'm outside of my warranty and really missing the internet. So here I'm. Thanks to your tuts on the forum I successfully hacked my wii over 6 months ago. And when I first did it everything worked fine. Including the wifi. So here is what I have tried so far.
1. Reset my router
2. Put my router back to factory defaults.
3. Opened my wifi signal. And in a matter of minutes people were jump on my signal. Lol I live on a
4. Deleted everything off my wii and still no connection.
5. Made sure my router had the latest firmware update.
6. Reinstalled some ios's thinking that maybe one of them was having issues. -really dont know what I'm doing-
7. Formated my wii in the menu
Just to let you know that my wii is about 2 feet away from my wireless router. And all my other devices have no issues connecting to my router
Dlink dgl-4500 is my router
Every time I try to connect I get a error 52130
Any suggestions. Also attached if my dop ios report. I dont know but it may help.
1 User Says Thank You emuhack For This Useful Post
Retired WiiHacks Staff
Googeled it an found this in about 5 secends.
This error is caused by a wireless router firewall issue.
To solve this error, try to manually setup the Wii console using your network IP settings.
To do a manual setup of the Wii console using your network IP settings :
- On a PC, click Start > Run > type CMD and press Enter > type IPCONFIG/ALL and press Enter. On Windows Vista, click Start > type CMD in the Start Search box > click on CMD icon > type IPCONFIG/ALL and press Enter.
- Locate IP settings and use them to manually set the Wii console.
- Restart your wireless router by unpluging the power from the wall and plugging it back in. Try to connect the Wii console to the internet.
You may also try to disable the wireless router security or firewall. Try again to connect the Wii console to the internet.
Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
I love when GOOGLE comes to the Rescue
Yea I'm surprised the whole google concept hasn't caught on yet, but I guess that would eliminate about half of the questions asked here. What really surprises me is when ppl get this 5 digit nintendo error code and never think to look at the nintendo website to find out what it could be.
Last edited by Dead Sea Cow; 04-25-2010 at 04:23 PM.
All of which wasn't indicated in your post, especially since you reformatted the wii, can't imagine that info being in a google search or on nintendo's website for solving that error.
Originally Posted by Dead Sea Cow
Well I tried the format before posting on it on the internet because I thought maybe a homebrew app might be causing the issue. I feel like I did a lot of troubleshooting steps before posting and asking for help. So please excuse me. Just seemed like people were ready to flame someone before wanting to help.
Last edited by Dead Sea Cow; 04-25-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
We are not here to FLAME user as that is against the rules...
Like odd said no info that you included in your original post lead us to believe WHAT you found and we are just trying to state the obvious things to do, not making fun in anyway!! Try putting the cIOS back on your wii and see if that helps with the problem... otherwise keep searching around the forums as there are lots of threads dealing with no wifi connection and maybe you can do some of the sugesstions that you find on those threads...