Thread: Ideas for homebrew development

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff

Junior Moderator
    On your harddrive (file name: Bliepo.crazy)
    Thanks

Ideas for homebrew development

Hello everyone!

I sometimes like to program a bit in my free time, just for the fun of it. I recently started reading the tutorials at codemii (up to tutorial 4) and would like to write a useful program for the wii.

I am not very creative though, so I don't know what program to write. So if you have a suggestion, I would be glad to give it a try. I want it to be a simple program (without a GUI), because I still have to learn a lot.

I am also looking for someone who can teach me a bit about wii software development.
    Awesome sig picture does not work
    Brick Prevention- Things you should never do | Ignoring advice and bricking | Be a jedi, donate
    Guide: Softmod ANY wii | How to post a system check | Loading and Playing Wii Backup Games from USB HDD (softmod only)
    System Menu X (IOS150, E) | HBC 1.08 (IOS58) | bootmii/boot2v4 | priiloader 0.7 | cIOSX rev21d2x_v6 (main base IOS 57) | cIOS 223 (IOS 37 + 38 merged) | USB Loader GX 2.2

Thanks
    i think a command-line proxy checker would be excellent so i can dump lists of uk proxies from the browser to a proxy checker so i can use the bbc tv application from canada

WiiHacks Staff

Junior Moderator
    Thanks
    Allright, I'll give it a try. So basically, you want an app that checks proxies from a list to see if they work?
    Brick Prevention- Things you should never do | Ignoring advice and bricking | Be a jedi, donate
    Guide: Softmod ANY wii | How to post a system check | Loading and Playing Wii Backup Games from USB HDD (softmod only)
    System Menu X (IOS150, E) | HBC 1.08 (IOS58) | bootmii/boot2v4 | priiloader 0.7 | cIOSX rev21d2x_v6 (main base IOS 57) | cIOS 223 (IOS 37 + 38 merged) | USB Loader GX 2.2

Thanks
    Thanked 1,099 Times in 863 Posts
    One that would be more advanced but it would be awesome to a FTP server that was able to access the WBFS partition on the HDD.

5. 1 User Says Thank You Krafter For This Useful Post

WiiHacks Staff

Junior Moderator
    Thanks
    That's really great idea! I will take a look at the source code of USB Loader GX and some FTP program to see if I can somehow combine them.

Thanks
    id like to see a wii port of dw jukebox on the wii
    A word to the wise ain't necessary ... it's the stupid ones that need the advice - Bill Cosby