Page 1 of 73 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: WiiMC v1.3.2

Thanks
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries

WiiMC v1.3.2

WiiMC (Wii Media Center) is an open source media player for the Nintendo Wii. Features include:
    • Attractive libwiigui-based interface, designed with the Wii in mind
    • Most essential difference from MPlayer CE and the like: completely GUI based, fiddling .conf files should never be necessary (except for on-line media)
    • Picture viewer
    • Music player
    • FAT32/NTFS from SD and USB 2.0 (FAT32 recommended)
    • Network playback via SMB, HTTP, and FTP
    • Ability to play virtually any video or audio format
    • DVD playback, with DVD menu support
    • Online media support, including SHOUTcast, YouTube, and Navi-X
    • SD, USB 2.0, SMB, HTTP, and FTP support
    • Attractive libwiigui-based interface, designed with the Wii in mind
    • Multi-language support: Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Dutch, English, Estonian, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Spanish

Downloads - WiiMC 1.2.2
    WiiMC 1.2.2 (New Install)
    WiiMC 1.2.2 (Update)

WiiMC Channel Installer 1.9
    (installs a WiiMC forwarder to the Wii dashboard via HBC)

source - WiiMC Downloads

[SPOILER="WiiMC 1.2.2 changelog"]Version 1.2.2 has been released to fix YouTube thumbnails for searches.

Version 1.2.1 has been released to fix YouTube stability problems. I’ve also updated the core to the latest MPlayer/ffmpeg, and as a bonus, I’ve added thumbnails for YouTube! Full changelog:

Synced to MPlayer r34540 and ffmpeg a9bd29e15e8d
    Fixed HTTP bugs that made YouTube unstable
    Added thumbnails for YouTube
    Improved video resizing granularity (thanks eric!)
    Translation updates
    Other minor bug fixes

[/SPOILER]

-------------------------------------------------------

WiiMC and the Channel Installer
    WiiMC runs from IOS58 and HBC 1.0.8 (recommended), if HBC is not using IOS58 to run then you will have problems. If you have HBC 1.0.7 then update it. The channel installer will install a forwarder to your Wii menu, this is not a full channel, you will still need WiiMC in the apps folder of your Wii SD card. You do not need to update the channel if a previous version already works. The WiiMC channel gets updated to improve compatibility with USB devices, so if your USB device is compatible then no reason to update.

IOS58
    IOS58 Installer (if you need it)
    Use the IOS58 installer to install IOS58 if you do not have it installed all ready. You will then need to reinstall the Homebrew channel. If the IOS58 installer does not work for you then use DOP-Mii to install it (with no patches) or use NUSD to download it, you will be looking to install IOS58 v6176. You can also look HERE to download the wad.

USB LAN Adapter
    USB LAN Adapter is supported and will work well with IOS58, since IOS58 will access USB 2.0 speeds on both USB ports. You can have a USB HDD plugged into USB port 0, and a USB LAN Adapter plugged into USB port 1.

DVD support
    If your Wii is not capable of reading burned DVD's or retail movie DVD's, you can remove the DVD icon from the WiiMC tool bar. Go in to the settings and select DVD, now you can disable DVD support, which will remove the DVD icon from the WiiMC main menu.

Any wads found in this post (or thread) are to be at your risk, make sure you have proper brick recovery in place before installing wads.

Visit my poll here - what media player do you use

--------------------------------

Make sure to select the icon in the upper left corner that corresponds to the type of file you want to play. Example - if you want to play a movie then select the movie icon. WiiMC will only recognize the file formats associated with which icon you have selected. Selecting the movie icon will only recognize movie files, etc....

[SPOILER="install - a noobies guide"]IOS58 is required. Download WiiMC. Unzip with WinRAR, or similar application. Copy the wiimc folder to the apps folder of your Wii SD card. Take your SD card to your Wii, open homebrew channel and select WiiMC.

If you want to launch WiiMC from the Wii dashboard, you will need to install a forwarder. You can install the WiiMC Channel installer from the downloads posted above, IOS58 and HBC 1.0.7+ is required for the Channel Installer.[/SPOILER][SPOILER="playing music"]This is how I found WiiMC to play music.

You can play a single music file by placing the pointer over the desired music file and pressing the "A" button.

To play multiple music files you must create a playlist (which I think is good for playing various artists). I do not like having to make a playlist to listen to a complete CD. Since I store all of my music in folders that are of the complete CD, I would just like to select the folder to play the contents of that folder.

To make a playlist, place the pointer over the song and press the "+" button, you will then see a check mark in the box in front of the song (press the "+" button again to remove the song from the playlist). Place check marks in front of all of the songs you want on your playlist. When done, press the playlist icon in the toolbar at the bottom right of the screen to listen to your playlist. You can also set the playlist to repeat or shuffle the songs.[/SPOILER][SPOILER="My USB HDD setup"]
    Most of the time when I want to watch a move from USB I use a USB stick plugged into usb port1 and all works fine. But I also have another setup that works fine too.

USB port0
    This is the outter most usb port, I have full WBFS usb hdd plugged in here, so I don't watch movies form this usb port. This usb hdd is marked as primary.

USB port1
    This is the usb port used by usb devices other than your Wii games usb hdd. Here I have a dual partition usb hdd. WBFS/FAT32 partitions, both marked as primary and only the FAT32 partition is marked at Active.
    [SPOILER="my WBFS/FAT32 usb hdd"][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][SPOILER="How To Use Navi-X and Online Playlists"]Source - WiiMC forum
    I do not offer any support on this subject, I just make this info available

This is Bill again with Team Navi-X. Seeing as how there is no real tutorial about using Navi-X on WiiMC, I will now attempt to explain the basic functionality and features of Navi-X.

The most important thing for you to know about Navi-X is that we host user created playlists, where users can add links to popular online media to a playlist for personal playback or for sharing with other users. What this means for you WiiMC users is that you can create an online community of playlists for watching via the internet and online media. You can also have your playlists added to our Users Directory for browsing and sharing with other WiiMC users. The cool part about this is if people using WiiMC create playlists for Navi-X, a MASSIVE online archive of content can be created and shared with all!! It’s like having your own online community for sharing working online content with all other WiiMC users!!

Now for some Navi-X history… Navi-X was created originally for the Xbox Media Center or XBMC. It was originally a script or plugin for XBMC that allows you to stream Video, Audio, Pictures, Text, RSS, Podcasts, Movies, TV Shows, Music, Streaming Radio, Live Streams and video site hosted content. The entire premise of Navi-X is that everything is created with a series of playlists which are organized and linked together internally for continuous navigation, organization and browsing of online media content, added by users of Navi-X. Navi-X features began to expand with the help of “media portals”, where users could add their own links to content playlists for sharing or playback instantly. Navi-X began to expand it’s content as well using something called “Processors”, which are like plugins for XBMC that can be maintained from our server… so instead of traditional plugins, where you HAVE to download the latest update every time the site admin changes something on their website, we just update the “Processor” and nobody has to download anything new in order to experience near seamless connectivity to the most popular websites hosting content on the internet. Today, with over 85,000 continuous users of Navi-X, we have built an entire online playlist directory where people can browse media from popular sources for playback or download inside of Navi-X from our Networks directory or our user created playlists, created from people just like you!

What you need to know about Navi-X inside of WiiMC right now!!... For starters, WiiMC is not yet fully capable of replicating all of the features and functions of Navi-X. This means the only thing WiiMC users will see inside of Navi-X is content that is currently capable of working in WiiMC for playback… we here at Navi-X have filtered out non-working content from our directories automatically for you so when you browse content in Navi-X, you will only see WiiMC compatible content for the time being… This means none of the more incredible features in Navi-X are available in WiiMC’s connection to Navi-X at this time, including Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts, RSS, Text, Pictures or anything requiring a Processor. The good news is, with time and progress; these features may eventually become available for WiiMC users!! As we get the opportunity to port our code over for use in WiiMC, we hope to eventually offer these things as well one day. Until then, you are limited to only direct linking to Video and Audio content that WiiMC can playback.

How do I create playlists inside of Navi-X??... Go to navi-xtreme verified user media to create a free account so you get access to live chat, forums and our playlist hosting system. Once your account is created, you can begin creating playlists on Navi-X for instant access inside of Navi-X for WiiMC! Then you should be able to access Navi-X in WiiMC and find your playlist in the “User List”, once it has been created. Once you add a link to Navi-X, that’s it!! Your content is accessible and live via Navi-X instantly!!

If you have Navi-X related questions, feel free to check out our forums for help and details or post here and I will look for your post when it applies to Navi-X.

For many of you, this is a brand new concept that might be hard to understand at first, but with a little help and reading, I think you will find Navi-X to be one of the coolest features in WiiMC!! With a little programming and time, Navi-X will surely get better and better for WiiMC users, as well as offer more content for you in the future! If anybody needs any help whatsoever or has questions regarding Navi-X, feel free to ask about them here! I hope this better explains what exactly Navi-X is and sheds a little light on this new feature. I hope you enjoy it!

Warm Regards,

iRoNBiLL[/SPOILER][SPOILER="Supported formats"]Media Playback
    • DVD playback, with DVD menu support (newer Wiis have incompatible drives)
    • Files with AVC/H.264 video streams (typically .mp4, .mkv or .flv's from YouTube or other sites) with resolutions up to 720x480p usually play correctly.
    • Files with MPEG-4 Simple video streams (typically XVID/DIVX .avi's) with resolutions up to 656x352 play correctly.
    • Files with MPEG-2 PS video streams (typically DVD rips and TV-DVR recorded .mpg's) with resolutions up to 720x480 play correctly.
    • Files with MPEG-2 TS video streams (typically HDTV recorded .ts files) with resolutions up to 1280x720 play correctly.
    • AAC, AC3, FLAC, MP3, OGG Vorbis, WavPack, and WAV PCM Audio Streams all play correctly.

The list of extension supported
    Video:
    3gp, asf, avi, bik, divx, dpg, dv, dvr-ms, evo, f4v, flc, fli, flv, iso, m1v, m2t, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mkv, mov, mp4, mp4v, mpe, mpeg, mpg, mqv, nsv, nuv, ogm, qt, rmvb, swf, trp, ts, vdr, vfw, viv, vob, vro, wmv, y4m

Audio:
    aac, ac3, aif, aiff, amr, ape, apl, asf, flac, m4a, m4b, m4p, mka, mp2, mp3, mpc, ogg, ra, ram, rm, shn, wav, wma, wv

Pictures:
    bmp, jpeg, jpg, png, gif

Playlist:
    asx, m3u, pls, plx, ram, smil

Limitations
    • CD playback: Wii hardware cannot do that, it is DVD only.
    • HD output: even on component cable Wii hardware is limited to 480p or 576i
    • 5.1 sound: Wii hardware has only two analogue audio output channels (2.0)
    • 720p and 1080p playback or downscale: power is not enough to even decode, not to mention downscaling.
    • Deinterlace: CPU has not got enough power / MPlayer filters are not optimized.

[/SPOILER]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ok, I've been playing around with this. I have tested with my SD card, you are free to experiment with a USB device, if that's what you use.

1. First I created a folder on the root of my SD card called "media". In that folder I created subfolders called pictures, video, music. Do this first, make sure to put something in the folder you will be using, and add the media folder to the root of your SD card.
    2. Next I went into settings, and there you can select one of those forms of media. I will use video as an example.
    3. In settings select video, then select video folder. Now type sd1:/media/video, select ok.
    4. Now select the video icon at the top left of the screen and you should see what you put in the video folder on the SD card.
    5. Do this with the other folders too, music, pictures.

Setup SMB shares

Windows users - thanks mungali
    Quote Originally Posted by mungali View Post
    Get your pc's ip address (from the cmd line) using configip /all, it is probably something like 192.168.1.1
    Mine was 192.168.1.105 as i have a few pc's at home

wii setup screen

Display Name ____ Movies
    Share IP ________ 192.168.1.1
    Share Name______ Movies
    Username____Mungali08
    Password_____PasSW0rd

everything is case sensitive.
    i did not turn any passwords off, i just use my logon name and password and that works fine.
    I also did not have the shared folder anywhere special it's on an external hdd eg //g/Movies
    It seems to like the main folder shared not just the whole hdd. It will find the subfolders.
    Hope this helps.
    Mac users - thanks wowsers
    Quote Originally Posted by wowsers View Post
    Ok I figured out how to stream from mac 10.6.6 to wii, the process was pretty easy..I updated wiimc to version 1.1.2 iOS 58. On mac go to system preference, sharing, check file sharing, then click + in shared Folders add folder were movies are, then click options, then I checked share files and folders using SMB, also checked on for my account, then clicked done. Now to check you ip go to apple icon in corner and click about this Mac, click more info, then click network, and your ip should you should be able to see your ipV4 address write this done..now your done on Mac. Now on wiiMC go to settings go to settings, network, add SMB share, put display name any will do, then add your ip, and then share name is name of folder where all your movies are stored, this is case sensitive.then your administrative username and password, usually prompted when you make changes on your mac. And that should be able...thanks again!
    source - WiiMC

----------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Stomp_442; 01-14-2012 at 11:29 PM. Reason: updated link to channel installer 1.8 and added link to channel installer 1.9

Thanks
    Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wink

Trying this out right now!

EDIT: Seems to work quite well. ( Haven't tried any of the online features)
    Last edited by Krank; 07-22-2010 at 08:28 PM.
    Damn I suck!!!!

3. 1 User Says Thank You Krank For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I haven't tried it yet, how does it compare to MplayerCE?

5. 1 User Says Thank You Stomp_442 For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I like the interface a little better than Mplayer. Has a nice menu as well as "in movie menu".

Better volume options for sure.

Allows for pictures and music too which is a nice feature for some people.

Only used it for about ten minutes or so but it seems nice so far.
    Damn I suck!!!!

7. 1 User Says Thank You Krank For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Thanked 2,303 Times in 1,226 Posts
    Blog Entries

Menu.....

9. 1 User Says Thank You Cile For This Useful Post

Thanks
    I am having a problem loading my DVD+R Data DvDs... It says in valid disc. DO you think that is because it is a +R? I havent tried a -R Disc.

11. 1 User Says Thank You MarkieH For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Can your wii play any burned media? Have you tried it with a burned game?
    Damn I suck!!!!

13. 1 User Says Thank You Krank For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    Can your wii play any burned media? Have you tried it with a burned game?
    Mplayer CE didn't work before with loading of DVD+R media so I figured I would try WIIMC. I never tried a burned game. I use WBFS and a USB for my backups. I found out I didn't have IOS 202 installed, but after installing it that made no difference.... I never heard anything good about using DVD+R DVDs....

15. 1 User Says Thank You MarkieH For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well if you have the d3-2 drive it won't work from any burned media.

If not, try - R
    Damn I suck!!!!

17. 1 User Says Thank You Krank For This Useful Post

Thanks
    just finished installing cios, running wiimc right now. Gotta say...effing great. I like it way better than mplayer. Plus the fact that you can actually use the dvd menus is awesome. clerks 2 is about twenty minutes in right now. Had to pause it one because the sound was off but that seemed to fix it. so far so good.

19. 1 User Says Thank You DorkNinjaGeneral For This Useful Post

Page 1 of 73 1231151 ... LastLast