3.21 is HORRIBLE!!!
so where do i begin?
i updated since i dont use OS on ps3.
but now here i sit with a 1month old 250gb ps3 that acts like a virus infected computer. except it like to destroy things.
frist i notice heavy rain freezing, then dragon age, a lego batman cant even get past the opening.
oh and did i mention that after the system itself freeing it cracked the center of the 60 dollar dragon age game disc?
the system itself freezes constantly and the usb keyboard and mouse no longer works on it.
i never can get uno to sign on anymore with its online features, nor can i play heavy rain because the game update always fails.
i contacted ps over it and the said i must send it in for servicing. it was working perfectly fine until the update then all hell broke loose on my system. and the basically told me to screw off about the brand new game.
the newness of having a ps3 hasnt even had the chance to wear off yet. why would i want to ship it off and have it ''serviced'' that will take who knows how long to get back.
I've read of people suffering from problems like this before in which the firmware creates more problems than it was intended to fix.
When I posted this last night I was actually on my ps3, and i was typing with my controller and the onscreen keyboard. it too was having issues such as "they" kept going to "the" every time I pressed space (triangle button), and I tried to continue this message and it kept clearing it out everytime I pressed for it to add to the text box. and then right after I posted the whole system froze completely (nothing new, other than now it's also the internet on it that is added to my list of problems).
In addition to that message I was gonna ask, does anyone know how to downgrade? or how to back up things on the ps3 onto an external drive without leaving anything out, or getting it corrupted?
Also, has anyone had any luck with their talks with ps, or any one else to help their ps station? Has anyone sent their ps3 in for "servicing" over this, and has it came back, how long did it take, and did it fix anything? Or perhaps others just would like to rant with me until we find some sort of solution?
The way I see it, sony just screwed thereselves over with this update... along with all the problems they caused, they also opened up a new way for many new hacks I find popping up througout the internet.
@favs would that be towards this firmware update or past ones? or both? Was this update just to cover their own butts towards the hacking community?
Originally Posted by kimi232
2. I don't believe it is possible at the moment...unless you can edit a backup of your PS3's XMB to have an older OS SEEM like a newer one and then PUP-sign your mess... (Don't even try it...)
3. Sony didn't allow for it...
4. How so? They may have inspired a lot of legitimate users to become hackers over OtherOS, but they've gotten the most common hacks, proxies, to stop working due to a system version check when you try to connect to PSN...
5. I've heard of updates screwing with consoles like this too. I've heard more from 3.21 than any other but any sort of online update can do that (or brick your system) like it can on the Wii. As for the update, it was Sony's lazy attempt to stop the hacking of their console. They were lazy because there were a few other ways they could have patched the system to try to stop the hacking other than removing OtherOS but they chose the easy route by just removing the thing. That's all that 3.21 did aside from infuriating the--smarter, *cough* *cough*--users. That's why GeoHot is developing 3.21OO... Did you hear of the class action lawsuit that is going to happen late summer/early fall?
4.) ^_~ google my friend..
Originally Posted by YuzuruHitokiri
5.)uh huh, right now sony is ringing my cell phone at all hours. and when i answer all i get is a machiene saying they need me to call them about the action i have taken against them. >_> i don't know much but i'm pretty sure this can be classified as harrassment. which will only get them in deeper poooooo. lol
4. I've tried (anything that you can point me towards that doesn't involve updating the system?...)
Originally Posted by kimi232
5. Yes, it would... Try calling them and say that you are unable to answer their questions at this time and that you are unlikely to be able to in the near future. If they continue after that, then it is harassment and possible intimidation of a plaintiff...
1 User Says Thank You YuzuruHitokiri For This Useful Post