How would one go about backing up their legally obtained retail game disc, and what apps on the console would you need to play this backup?
The answer in the post below represents the winner of our Wiihacks Question of the Week.
Backup Wii Disks:
1. Register with wiihacks to get the links for the guides that you will need to Softmod your Wii Console: HERE
2. Navigate your way to the Tutorial Section and pick the guide that suites your Wii FW Version: HERE
3. After you Completed the Softmod you can load many other goodies to play Wiiware and VC Games
4. I reconmend that you load USBLOADERGX r815 Channel Version: DL HERE
5. To load the Channel you need to put the .wad file that you get from the Download in the WAD folder that is on the Root of your SD card.
5b. Then go into HBC and load WAD Manager and install the r815 .wad file
6. Exit the WAD Manager and then on the main screen of the wii you will have USBLGX as a channel.
7. Make sure that you set up your HDD according to this Guide:8. Once you set up the HDD you can go into the USBLOADER GX and insert your retail disc.Originally Posted by Gen3sf
9. In the Corner there is a + button and it will read the disc that is in the Drive and will ask if you want to install it to the USB Drive
10. Click YES!
11. Depending on the wii disk (DL or SL) it will take about 20min to copy to the HDD
12. When this is done you can now play the wii ISO on the usb drive with out the Disc
13. You can use many different loader to do this with
13b. Neogamma - USBLGX (already installed) - Wiiflow (those are my favorite)
Last edited by Tealc; 04-07-2010 at 06:32 AM.
This is a great post. Make it a sticky.
Thanks for the guide. Configurable USB Loader will also rip the discs by pressing (+) or choosing the "install" option from the menu. I'm still new to tinkering with the wii, but this is the method I've used to backup all my games.