Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DeSmuME_Wii r79 released - WiiDS emulator

DeSmuME_Wii r79 released - WiiDS emulator

A port of the Nintendo DS emulator DeSmuME to Wii homebrew

-----------------------------------------
    What is DeSmuME Wii?
    This project aims to port DeSmuME to Wii homebrew so that we can have a fully fledged, working, Nintendo DS emulator on Wii. It is being built with DeSmuME 0.95, devkitPPC toolchain, libogc, gl2gx, and SDL Wii.

How_to_use_DeSmuME_Wii

Set-up on your SD Card

Extract it into your apps folder. Make sure the path is along the lines of root:/apps/namethisfolderanything/boot.dol

Place your DS ROMs in sd:/DSROM/ to make your life easier

You can select any ROM to play that is stored anywhere on your SD Card. The default directory is sd:/DSROM/
    Working ROMs

Right now, most ROMs work.

source - desmumewii - Project Hosting on Google Code
    download - Downloads - desmumewii - Project Hosting on Google Code

EDIT -
    get the very latest build here - DeSmuME Wii Builder
    keep in mind, this is all beta, there has not been an official release
    This has just been added to WiiBrew - DeSmuME Wii - WiiBrew
    WiiBrew compatibility list - DeSmuME Wii/Compatibility List - WiiBrew

Once the rom booted, I couldn't get any response from the game until I plugged in the classic controller to the wiimote. The GC controller is suppost to work too, but I didn't try that yet.
    Last edited by Stomp_442; 05-01-2010 at 07:38 PM.

So cool, Ill waut for someone to try it first hope it works

I just tried, no luck. But the roms I tried are roms that had troubles with creating save games. I'll add my save games from my flashcart and see if that works. I will also add some older roms to see if they work too.

Well my dad sleeps in the living room and i can't try it right now. Try some easy games for starters, old ones preferrably

Just tried spirit tracks and it froze, mario 64 ds loads fine but I can't get past the "touch to start" screen. The most I can do is move the window around with the 2 button. GC controller didn't do anything else either.

Looks cool though, at least it's being worked on.
    "I think that the Wii is a beautiful piece of hardware, and a broken Wii is a tragedy. It doesn’t matter why or how." -- Bushing

Well you can't just expect spirit tracks to work lol. try phoenix wright for goodness' sake!

Here is sth funny, I played mario ds 64 on my dsi and in the options i chose switch off backlight.... and it did. I could not see a thing, the screen went black. I lolled and never played the game again

Haha yes I never expect any of these things to work, just pleasantly surprised when they do. It'll come along given enough time. Like a Mac WBFS manager.
    "I think that the Wii is a beautiful piece of hardware, and a broken Wii is a tragedy. It doesn’t matter why or how." -- Bushing

I tried mariokartDS, no work. Looks like I'm just a going to transfer a whole bunch of roms and try them all.

I've been using DeSmume for ages on the PC and it still has along was to go but its nice to see someones trying to port it to the Wii.

I see this emulator was added to WiiBrew, and there's a compatibility list too. I did get one rom to boot, but there is an annoying noise that forces me to mute my tv. I also posted a link to the latest release.

most of the roms I tried do not work, but you can press the home button to return to HBC.
    Last edited by Stomp_442; 04-02-2010 at 08:59 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast