Thread: Metroid Prime 3 Corruption problem

Thanks

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption problem

Hi all,
    I've got a softmoded 4.1E Wii with Neogamma R8, did it through the guide on this site. Recently I've downloaded a DVD5 version of Metroid Prime 3 Corruption. The iso was supposedly brickblocked and scrubbed. I burned the game without any problems on a verbatim-r, the dvd is in perfect shape. But when I ran the game through neogamma r8 I got a Disc Read Error. So i've decided to restart my Wii, clean the disc (there was not much to clean) and try again, but as I was clicking on a Backup Launcher icon i got a message saying "system files corrupted etc.". I've restarted my Wii and everything works great so far, playing No More Heroes without any problems, but can anyone tell me, what can I do to make MP3 work? Also, is my Wii dying? I've heard that once in a while these messages are bound to show up, but are they the signs that my Wii has not much to life left?

Thanks in advance,
    Cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 2,303 Times in 1,226 Posts

3. 1 User Says Thank You Cile For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Thanked 4,104 Times in 2,453 Posts
    I've never seen one and my Wii is pretty old.

You might have NAND corruption but I doubt it as it would just stop working all the time. You may have a bad message board entry or something trivial, might be hard to track down.

You can play mp3 via mplayer CE.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

5. 1 User Says Thank You Tealc For This Useful Post

Thanks
    When I said MP3 I meant Metroid Prime 3, sorry for the confusion :P
    And at the bottom of my Neogamma screen it says that I have Rev17, so I guess that there goes me playing this game.

EDIT:

So I've read on the compatibility list for Backup Launcher that if Metroid Prime 3 loads for too long it shows the DRE message, so I've burned the game once again, without any problems like before, and for some reason now it works. I guess that my previous attempt for some reason burned badly, because it still doesn't work, while the second burn work like a charm. Thanks for the help anyway
    Last edited by Ares_Real; 03-29-2010 at 07:36 AM.