Thread: Not sure if semi bricked or not..

Not sure if semi bricked or not..

I followed the guide to softmod a wii to 4.1, done this a few times now without problem, however this one i noticed after putting on the usual wads it kept saying system memory full and when i was advised to delete some stuff i saw that the owner had installed poop loads of VC or they were game saves...i started deleting them but the open blocks remained at zero, so i decided to format the system memory after which it looked like a brand new unmodded wii, the system firmware was still updated though so i am not sure how much of the mod is left there, i had backed up the nand as an ios (i think), so i decided to go through it again from the begininng...when i try to boot from the sd card now the wii just locks on me, there is no homebrew channell and i cant get into preloader..im not sure what step i should take next..should i let the system update itself to 4.2 and then go from there following the 'update any 4.2 wii tut ?

DA KINE WiiHacker
    You wii is not bricked
    Just extract BB2_hackmii-1.6.zip to your card
    Click on the SD ICON, from the channel menu
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.

Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

I can confirm that hack mii is installed as an ios...i am sure i have read in the guide that it is not advisable to restore your nand when istalled as an ios ??

DA KINE WiiHacker
    Who said anything about restoring a nand?
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.

Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

Who said otherwise ?....i wanted to know what i should do...thanks for your help though...i installed HBC again and seems the mod is generally still there