Thread: Wood Dumper Slot 2 r25

Retired WiiHacks Staff ShadowSonic2's Avatar

Wood Dumper Slot 2 r25

A Slot-2 Dumper has been released by iND. Supposedly dumps .gba onto flashcart's SD. Here's the .nfo:

Code:
        ________________________________________________iNDEPENDENT SiNCE 2oo3_

_____/\_  _______          /\     _____/\_  ______________/\_    _______
       /        \/       \  ______/  \   /        \/          /      \  /       \
      /         \\    _   \/______\  /  /         \\____  ___/   '\  \\/     _   \
     /            \  ' \   \     / \/ \/            \/    \  \        /__   ' \   \
    /       /      \       \\   /     \\      /      \    \\ /   /       \        \\
    \______/\______/_____  _/   \___  _/_____/\______/__  _//___/\________\_____  _/
                         \/         \/                  \/                      \/
         _____________________   _      __     __      _   _____________________
                     No-Intro )___________)   (___________( proudly presents...

Wood Dumper - Slot 2 Mode - (r25mod)

country.......: World               language(s)....: English
            release date..: 11.03.2010          store.date.....: Who Cares??
            system........: Nintendo DS         filename.......: ind-wdr25
            size..........: 1 MBit              supplier.......: Wood
                                                                    ____________
         _notes_____________________________________________________)  _      __)

Wood slot-2 dumper (r25mod) - Nintendo DS Dumping Tool Made From Wood

We feel like coding ourselves the Slot-2 implementation for the tool.
            Now everybody can feel the magic of wood goblins, 3 times faster than
            with previous Slot-2 tools. Remember to DLDI-patch for your device if
            required and remember to send us redump information, of course ;-)

Notes:
            - wood tools simply dump NTR cards correctly. We don't claim correct
              results with TWL cards.
            - "secure cardid fail" message: re-insert card and retry as required
              to overcome this problem. Some bitchy cards.
            - "secure area error" message: beta or unlicensed card. If displayed
              for a licensed card, please redump and confirm.
            - tools source code: http://code.google.com/p/wooddumper/

Are you confused?

Some "problematic" (512 byte data buffer) cards gave out FF-filled/
            replicated/undumpable headers with standard tools, even with our
            patched Rudolph's tools. This is the best *public* thing around.. :-P
            It's open source because leet.sekrets slow progress.

The FTPd tool is: Wood_Dumper_r11_WORLD_READNFO_iNTERNAL_NDS-iND

Dedicated to all those who care about things being done the right way.

No-Intro 2o1o - "Clean dumps guardians since... ages :| We are old!"
                                                                     ___________
         _greets____________________________________________________)  _      __)

TrashMan, WRG, SiR VG and Caravan!
          _/\_                                                       ___________
         _>,"<______________________________________________________)  _      __)

Download here

Is it confirmed working or are there any compatability issues with certain brands of flash carts?

No-one has confirmed it works. I as well as Stomp have gave it a shot with several games, each giving the same error.

So it dosn't work or has lots of bugs?

Very Low capability. I'm saying that because out of the six games I tested, none work and .nfo says:
    - "secure cardid fail" message: re-insert card and retry as required
    to overcome this problem. Some bitchy cards.
    - "secure area error" message: beta or unlicensed card. If displayed
    for a licensed card, please redump and confirm.

me too, I tried about 6 GBA carts to and nothing would work.

I was thinking of giving this dumper a try, but time is a little short right now.
    http://cyclods.wikidot.com/app:gba-backup-tool

EDIT -
    I did give this a try with my M3DS, I used my M3DS because I have a GBA expansion pack that works with my M3DS. I dumped 8 GBA carts to my M3DS microSD, only 6 of them worked.
    Last edited by Stomp_442; 03-16-2010 at 06:51 PM.