Thread: bricked wii dvd drive!! help!!

united kingdom

Question bricked wii dvd drive!! help!!

my mate asked me to have a look at his wii after it stopped loading disc's, and it seemed to have scratched up wii resorts and mario kart!!

and i found a 20p and 5p in drive also a old dvd rammed backwards into drive, apparently there 3yr old fault,

the drive wont accept any discs at all makes a cracking noise, it does if you push a little harder than normal after a few attempts accept the disc it only goes in 3/4 and starts spinning, kinda like when u eject disc normally, i really think it's the drive that's fubared because the menu still comes up and all the wad games work,

is there any way to replace just the drive?? if i were to remove all soft mod and make virgin how much would nind charge to fix drive??
    3.4e, v21d2x6, Priiloader-0.3b, Usb-configurable v73c, 2tb-WD Elements HDD Fat32

If I have helped you do remember to press the little thanks button

DA KINE WiiHacker
    Thanked 9,609 Times in 2,982 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You can replace the drive. You could buy a drive for around $30. You could also buy a bricked wii and use its drive $20-60.

If the wii is still working, I would just run the wii through our softmod guide again, then load games from usb.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.

Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.