Can you start this thread with a brick warning please. Thanks.
Messing about with themes can brick your wii.
Messing about with themes can EASILY brick your wii. I nor Wiihacks take ANY responsiblity for any damage you do to your Wii by following this guide.
This is not an official Wiihacks guide, it is supported solely by the poster roboicy.
OK...this is the simpliest way i could explain how to customize your wii themes...i know alot of u have seen the custom wii menus and have wondered how to do it yourself.. well here u go..just follow exactly...its simple...
IMPORTANT- make sure you have preloader/bootmii installed first...themes wont brick your wii but some may not work and will require you to load homebrew channel from somewhere other than the system menu....
1. download makekey.bin- http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/downloads (its about the 11th one down on the list, it will be a .zip file, after download unzip folder)
2. Run the makekeybin.exe thats in the folder, it will ask you to enter the number 42, simply enter the number and click generate, it will place a key.bin file in the folder, move the generate key.bin file to your desktop and you can delete the folder after, u just need the key.bin file.
3. download nus downloader- NUS Downloader - WiiBrew (link is on the far right of the page, again it will be a .zip file, unzip the folder after download)
4. place your key.bin file in the nus downloader folder(the one you just unzipped)
5. Run the nus downloader application, at the bottom select the boxs that says, Pack -> WAD, Decrypt, and local files. Then select database at the top of the application, goto system, then system menu and go select whatever system u have, then click start nus download.
6. After the program is finished look in your nus downloader folder, a new folder entitled 0000000100000002v481 should have been created. In that folder u need to find one file...it will b a .app, make sure its an APP file!!!!! here is a list to find file u need corresponding to your wii menu version...
Example: if you have a NTSC-U wii running menu 4.2 u need app file 00000087.app (do not get the .file get the .app!!!!!!!IMPORTANT!!!!)
after you get that file move it to your desktop and you can delete the whole NUS downloader folder.
7. Download MyMenu- MyMenu - WADder Wiki (download link is on the right of page, its a .exe file)
8. run the setup.exe file you just downloaded.
9. Now you should have MyMenu and your .app file on your desktop. Now you need a .mym file... they can be found here Mym Repository - WADder Wiki (theme menu version does not matter now that you have the .app file so you can download 3.2, 4.0 or any wii theme and it will work on whatever menu u have regardless of what it says) download one of the themes, for example i will use the first one on the list (eyes in the night) this one downloads as a .mym file, sometimes youll get a .zip folder but an .mym file will be inside, if its a folder do not delete the folder just leave the .mym file in until your done using mymenu...
10. now run MyMenu...(the application u just previously installed)
11. It will ask for a source file, select browse and select your .app file on your desktop, now it asks for a mym file, select browse and pick your .mym theme file you just downloaded, now select create mymenu, save the file to your desktop as whatever name you want...it will be a .csm file
12. Now download MyMenuify...this is the program that will go on your wii.... MyMenuify - WADder Wiki ...its a .zip file so unzip it...take the folder inside titled mymenuify and put it in the apps folder on your sd card...
13. make another folder on the root of your sd card called custom wii themes or whatever you want...move your .csm file you created with mymenu into your themes folder
14. on your wii go to the homebrew channel and run mymenuify...search for your themes folder..inside you will see whatever you titled your .csm file...select it and click install...restart your wii and your theme will be done...
Issues- I have only had one problem and that was with the theme Psycedelic... after installing it my wii would not load the menu...this is simple to fix tho...just launch the homebrew channel from preloader (hold restart right when you turn wii on if you have bootmii loading first and youll get preloader) on hombrew channel simply run mymenuify and select a different theme)
As of now thats the only issue i have had..
Any questions just ask...i know alot about pretty much anything dealing with wii soft modding including how softmod, custom channels, homebrew apps...etc...so ask about whatever...thanks..
Oh and im working of a PS2 wii emulator...yes i said it a PS2 emulator...the specs are good to run one on wii (not perfect of course it will lag) but it will still be cool...i'll let you know how its coming along soon...just starting as of now....again any questions just ask...thanks
Last edited by Tealc; 02-24-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Edited the post because I didn't want to wait. It may contain valuable information, but I ain't gonna brick my Wii to find out. If it transpires that the guide is solid and roboicy wishes to stick around and support users of it then maybe we can accomodate it properly.
Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.
when you apply the new theme can/how do you go back to the original wii theme
Last edited by Cile; 03-01-2010 at 02:08 AM.
the same one .app used to make the .csm file and how do you install it back..
Last edited by Cile; 03-01-2010 at 03:59 AM.
If you want to know of some safe themes, check out the 4.2 theme thread by hardryve. All the themes there have been tested and working with 4.2u but they should all work on any 4.1 also. There isn't any difference in system menu between the 2 other than nintendos stupid anti hack atemp.