Thread: Wii softmod quesion

Wii softmod quesion

Hi guys, so I've decided to buy a WII and mod it by myself. I'm about to do that, but I have one last simple question:
    You see, I have firmware 4.0 installed on my Wii. In the softmod guide it says that I should not update to 4.2, instead continue on with 3.1-4.1 guide. But why is that? Isn't 4.2 better? On the Xbox'es for example you had to update to run newer games, is it different on the Wii? Will I be able to (hypothetically) play Super Mario Galaxy 2 when it comes out if I softmod a 4.1?

Cheers

Stick with the 4.0, just compare the 2 guides, 3.1-4.1 and 4.2 you will see what I mean.
    4.0 has same sdhc comptibility so stick with it.
    ii acks.com

I have the same problem

My Wii has been hacked for a while now running 4.1 but whenever I buy new games I'm forced to do an update. Does this affect the Homebrew hack?

For most games you only really need to update the IOS the game is using.

After you "buy" your games, why are you not taking out the update partition?
    Give me a thanks if anything i said was useful or you found it remotely intuitive

4.1U Softmodded and Cherished
    **cIOS38 rev17, Hermes v4, Priiloader 0.3b, Bootmii / boot2, USB Loader GX v849, 1TB Iomega Prestige Desktop Drive WBFS Formatted**

3.4U Softmodded and Built From Parts
    3.2U Softmodded / Bricked