Thread: Small Query...

Small Query...

Ok im new to the whole wii mod thing, but iv installed my d2pro according the diagrams provided by wii-clip.

I wack the chip in and i get a red light flash then a blue light flash (from what iv read means the chip is installed correctly) but then my dvd drive doesnt boot... its just dead, if i take chip out dvd drive then boots correctly...

any ideas?

thanks in advance

/MrEcho

Retired Staff Member

What is your Wii's drive chip type (DMS/D2A/D2B, D2C, D2C2,D2E)? If you don't know then use your wii serial number and go here -> http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-modchip/...ity-guide.html

DMS and currently i have all the points soldered... all the numbers and letters (besides 4, for some reason there was no indication for 4)

Retired Staff Member

For DMS/D2A/D2B only 5 wires need to be soldered and the CLK jumper should NOT be shorted/bridged.

http://www.d2pro.com/downloads/installD2pro5-9V1.4.pdf

without it being shorted/bridged all i get is a constant red o.O

Retired Staff Member

Do you have 5 points or 9 points soldered?

I have all the aviliable points soldered atm (using a wii clip) so 5 6 7 8 9 C D E F G H J K L M N P

im guessing all i need soldered is G H J GND and 3v3?

Retired Staff Member

That could be your actual problem, like it says in the pdf link, only 5 point should be connected. I will let the expert modders comment further.

Got it working... un soldered C D E F and 6 5 and it works perfect... cheers for help matey