wii clip/wii key 2 not loading boot/firmware disk
Hi, I am somewhat of a noob when it comes to the whole modding process, and am having some difficulty.
I installed my wiikey 2 yesterday (on a wii clip) and it lit up and everything.
I am trying to load the boot disk for the wiikey 2, but I keep getting the error that the disk is unable to be read, and to check the manual.
I have tried burning the disk several times, on magic iso, and imgburn at 4x, with both Sony 16x dvd-R and TDK 16x dvd+R. I get the same error with both disks.
I am trying to load the 1.3 version for settings and such on the wiikey.
The wii is reading official wii games just fine, and everything else is working (like the internet channel)
Could anyone help me out?
Did you make sure your wii did not have the d2-3 drive chip before investing in a modchip?
I ran my serial through on wiidrives.com before I bought the wiikey and it told me that I had a 75% chance of having a GC2-D2E and a 25% chance of having a GC2-D2C2.
Originally Posted by oddgriffin
My Wii is from 2006.
The wiikey 2 is said that it is supposed to be able to work with both of those though.
I think I may have that clip thing though, if that means anything.
1)Be sure that the wiikey2 is installed correctly.
2)Check the official page and download the correct update version of your wii.
3)Burn a Verbatim DVD-R @ x2 speed. Important: The downloaded file is zipped so you must extract it 2 times for the iso file!
4)Run the firmware from the Disk Channel.