Thread: USB HDD not Recognized by WBFS MANAGER

USB HDD not Recognized by WBFS MANAGER

my WD HDD is wbfs formatted and loaded with 400 games that play fine on my wii 4.2u that I softmodded. this wii has the d3-2 drive so it can not read back ups and in order to add more iso to it this has to be done using wbfs manager. when i connect the hdd usb cord to my pc and then start wbfs manager and select drive E it wont read the wd hdd. when i first connected the wd hdd to my pc it showed up as being on drive E and my pc said it found new hardware so i then let it install the WD 1 tb hd. I als tried a couple other wbfs type managers and none will read the WD USB HDD

Do the games still play when the HDD is plugged in on the Wii at this moment?
    Please remember your manners - say Thank You if someone helped , it doesn't hurt

yes, all games play on the wii

When you plug it back into your PC, (do not format obviously - just click cancel if it asks) go to Computer Management/Disk Management and change or allocate the drive a letter, it was prob removed when you did the install a new drive procedure, give it W for Wii

Now fire up WBFS Manager and load Drive X - whatever you gave it.
    Please remember your manners - say Thank You if someone helped , it doesn't hurt

i went to computer management and assigned drive letter W. disk management sees the drive as basic partician, UDF fie system, 447mg, 0 free space and healthy and healthy

Unhappy USB HDD not Recognized by WBFS MANAGER

my hard disk, seagate expansion 320gb works perfectly fine on wii, but when i connect it to my computer, nothing happens. even in disk manager... what should i do to fix this problem?