Thread: Low Level Bricked Black Screen D2Pro Wii Clip

Low Level Bricked Black Screen D2Pro Wii Clip

Well I have managed to brick my Wii with a D2Pro chip and wii clip. I am not sure if I would have installed Bootmii way back then, and I'm not sure if I have a preloader. I haven't been into the modding scene in over a year, so I apologize if I am a bit behind. I hadn't used my modded Wii in probably 6 months and I decided one somewhat inebriated night to pop in a game and try it out. I must have updated with one of my burned games, because it is now a low level brick. I'm not sure why it didn't do that before, could it have been because I had wireless on?

Anyways, I have read that I can use the savemefrii tool with a GC controller to recover my console. Whats the cheapest solution I can use to get my wii going again, if I can't unbrick with software tools, how can I replace components on the Wii to restore. Is there some way to use my modchip to recover? If all else fails I am open to reprogramming the NAND, no need to dumb down technical details.

Ok, I pulled out my SD card and found these in the root:
    IOS38-64-v3610.wad, boot.dol, and some folders with WADS.

Here's a good sign, these are in my apps folder. I don't know if this means they are installed or not, any ideas how I can find out?
    preloaderv0.29-cred, WMIOS35, and then a bunch of cIOS downgraders and installers.

Do I have any hope?

DA KINE WiiHacker
    You probably downgraded your wii to 3.2, then updated to a stubbed ios. That would have removed preloader, and bricked your wii for good.

But who knows what happened, so give this a read and let me know if any of it works for you.
    OH SH*T: Black Screen of WII!!!
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.

Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.