Thread: usb loader - cannot update themes/pictures

usb loader - cannot update themes/pictures

So I just got done softmodding my Wii and using a WD 500gb HD.

I formatted it with WBSF like I should. I first tried to do a drive to drive clone with WBFS and it failed. I reformatted with WBFS and ran it through again and it picked up all the games and finished successfully. I plugged it in and all worked well. I first tried to update the covers with 3d pics and it failed. I have included a screenshot of the error.

I formatted the drive again, this time not doing a clone. I left it fresh and booted up usb loader. I installed a couple basic games(wii fit/sports) and played them, all is well. I then went back to the usb loader page and tried again to update the box covers so they would have the pictures of the games. As soon as I tried this, it locked up the system again. I had to unplug it and plug it back in. This time when I went into USB loader I went to settings, then choose theme updater, same error.

U have a corrupt file somewhere. Are there any pictures on Usb Loader already? And a corrupt file in a theme can do the same...
    13 Wii's, 6 PS2s, 17 PSP 2000's, 7 PSP 1000's, 1 XBOX360's, & 3 iPhone's hacked and counting...
    Yeah buddy, rollin' like a big shot.

Quote Originally Posted by N3M0-kuchiyose View Post
    U have a corrupt file somewhere. Are there any pictures on Usb Loader already? And a corrupt file in a theme can do the same...
    Cool..I'll look on the sd card for corrupted files!

one question = one post
    the mods don't like double posting

Ended up finding out what the problem was...Wasnt a corrupt file, but the SD card was full. Swapped out to a larger SD card and all is well...

Quote Originally Posted by Smokedawg View Post
    Ended up finding out what the problem was...Wasnt a corrupt file, but the SD card was full. Swapped out to a larger SD card and all is well...
    Ah... So a full SD can also give an exception error for USB loader Gx. I;ll make a note of that.

Happy gaming...
    13 Wii's, 6 PS2s, 17 PSP 2000's, 7 PSP 1000's, 1 XBOX360's, & 3 iPhone's hacked and counting...

Hi can we copy covers from SD card to usb drive with out having to plug it in to A PC
    its just a bugger to unplug the hard drive from the wii in the tv unit

Sure can. If u have a wifi connect and the homebrew app "homebrew browser", u can just download one of the many file exploring apps available. And if u don't have homebrew browser but do have a wi-fi connection I highly recommend it. These file exploring apps allow for many of the same actions available on a PC to be performed on the Wii.