Not able to Install backup Launcher
I am not able to install Backup Laucher.. When I start installation I loose control from my controller and screen goes black. here is the story.
1. I have backup laucher gamma 0.3 working with wii sports game
2. It was not working with Wii sports resort. So I tried to play tricks with it and tried to install gamma002Fix, which needed cIOS36rev14. so it didnt worked.
3. I tried to install USB Loader with cIOSrev14, cIOSrev15. (Havent Used it and removed USB Loader)
4. Meanwhile my Homebrew channel upgraded to 1.0.6 with bootmii and DVDx.
5. Now when I tried to install gamma002fix it was not working..
6. I also tried to run backup launcher with wii sports which stopped working. after pressing 'start' it looses connection with remote. so I removed backup laucher, and now it is also not working.
Last edited by naman.patel; 02-01-2010 at 10:58 PM.
You should read a tutorial for softmodding that coincides with your Sys Menu version. Then execute the tutorial's contents. Then you need to read the tutorial for running Sports Resort from USB. I am not familiar with Backup Launcher, but I assume it is a USB loader. All of those topics can be searched on this site with the search button above
Oh BTW, I have heard that the controller going blank effect happens when the trucha bug is not in the system. But that could be wrong. Follow a softmod guide and you should be up and running in no time.
My system was already softmoded with homebrew 1.0.1 and when I connected it to internet it upgraded to 1.0.6 after that nothing works. when I tries to install anything from Homebrew channel screen goes blank and controller dont work.
Currently i am not concered about playing Wii resort... I am not able to install any software...
Homebrew channel alone is not softmodding. It is essentially adding a new channel. In order to do a softmod you have to install a cios and if you couldn't do this, it is because of the trucha. Not sure what system menu version you have as you have not said. If you go to the guides section, you can find a softmod guide to match your system menu version. If you previously did a softmod and it is no longer working, a system update to 4.2 may have been done and you will definately have to softmod all over again using a specific guide for that system menu version.
I got it already softmodded. My menu version is 4.0U. I have installed CIOS cIOS36rev10 and cIOS38rev14. I deleted backup launcher as it stopped working. Now I am trying to install usb loader and backup launcher from homebrew 1.0.6 but it is not working as I have mentioned. Is my homebrew bricked?? or do I need to format my wii?
Originally Posted by oddgriffin
I have softmod again and all my problems are solved. I used following link
Tags for this Thread