Thread: Game Cube ISOs on WII

Question Game Cube ISOs on WII

Hey everyone, I'm new here, and got myself a softmodded Wii with 4.2E. I was playing one of my old GC games on my Wii, when it occured to me - is it possible to play GC ISOs on Wii either by USB or with Neogamma(Burnt DVD) I tried to copy a GC ISO on my Drive which I use for my Wii ISOs,(with WBFS manager 3.0) and after the copying was complete the game wasn't in the list! So, do I need to simply burn the ISO to DVD? Does the DVD have to be small like the original ones? Or can I simply use a different program to copy it to my USB? Thanks, Peter.

Sunny Wales, UK
    Thanked 4,104 Times in 2,453 Posts
    Blog Entries
    GC games won't work on USB as the Wii shuts down the USB when it goes into Gamecube mode. You'll need to burn them, use MIOS and Neogamma or Gamecube Launcher. I believe there are guides for it on here, never bothered myself as my modchip does that for me.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

3. 1 User Says Thank You Tealc For This Useful Post

In a House
    is their someway to trick the wii into thinking that the usb is off but is really on? so i know only 1 way to play gamecube games that is not on a Disc and that is if you play it through the memory card slot. i found a tutorial online that adds a SD card to a regular gamecube memory card , now what if we could instead of making it a SD card, we make it a USB? and then we could just simply plug in our usb to the memory card slot. ill post the link of the pin layout.

Simon van de Berg - Nintendo GameCube Homebrew Webpage

edit: here is the one for the USB
    Last edited by HellReborn; 02-01-2010 at 03:07 PM.
    Friend Codes:
    CoD 5: 1548-0572-1414

SSBB: 3995-6271-2582

The Conduit: 5327-8778-4998