Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Thinking about going with the WODE...

  1. #1

    Ca Thinking about going with the WODE...

    Hi I'm new to this whole WODE/Wii backup world and I wanted to know if the WODE is the better choice? Can anyone let me know if it's a good choice to go with before I take the plunge...I would like to know if I have the option to use the USB Loader GX with the WODE (I really like the way the USB Loader GX looks) anyways it would be greatly appreciated if someone can help me make up my mind before I go and grab a WODE...thanks in advance!

    and if anyone has any other suggestions to play backups off the HDD other then the WODE please let me know!
    Last edited by playstat; 02-01-2010 at 11:54 PM.
    [Sig Removed by MOD - Arguing with me wasnt a good idea, was it?]

  2. #2
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by playstat View Post
    Hi I'm new to this whole WODE/Wii backup world and I wanted to know if the WODE is the better choice? Can anyone let me know if it's a good choice to go with before I take the plunge...I would like to know if I have the option to use the USB Loader GX with the WODE (I really like the way the USB Loader GX looks) anyways it would be greatly appreciated if someone can help me make up my mind before I go and grab a WODE...thanks in advance!

    and if anyone has any other suggestions to play backups off the HDD other then the WODE please let me know!
    This is my experience to date.
    I have two Wii's one 4.1E softmodded, boot2, does everything, love GX loader.
    I also have a Wii 4.1E, using it at the moment with Wode and HDD + wireless GC controller. ( my aim is to let this accept updates and be softmod free)

    At the moment there is no front end for the Wode like GX, or Wiiflow.
    So right now softmod is far better, but the Wode has great potential.
    Its early days, I think the Wode will surpass softmodded Wii's, but that will take some time.
    Hope this helps in your decision making. No one as yet has great experience of the Wode, its only been in people paws for about a month.

    good luck.
    Last edited by ModderMan; 01-30-2010 at 01:04 AM.

  3. #3
    Thanks for the information...okay so with this softmod...is it easy to do? is there a step by step tutorial 'cause I don't want to brick my wii...I have the 4.2u...thanks in advance!

  4. #4
    I had my WODE for about a week.. and I absolutely LOVE it.
    Actually I just tested 1 game that was giving me black screen (in softmod) before and it worked with WODE.

  5. #5
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by playstat View Post
    Thanks for the information...okay so with this softmod...is it easy to do? is there a step by step tutorial 'cause I don't want to brick my wii...I have the 4.2u...thanks in advance!
    I'm not suggesting you go the softmod route. Its not to be undertaken lightly.

    If you want there are two good softmod guides for your 4.2.

    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...tem-menus.html by messie

    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...y-4-2-wii.html by shadowsonic2

  6. #6
    All I'll say is that if you really enjoy GC games then WODEs ability to play GC isos is WIN and I absolutely love it.

  7. #7
    Member trekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiJohn View Post
    At the moment there is no front end for the Wode like GX, or Wiiflow.
    So right now softmod is far better, but the Wode has great potential.
    Its early days, I think the Wode will surpass softmodded Wii's, but that will take some time.
    .

    Yes, But when it does get a front end its just going to look like usbloadergx anyways probably, then people are going to be thinking, "Why the hell did I pay so much money, when I could basically achieve the same thing for free??"


    Until wode does something uber huge dramatic that softmods cant, Then I'd be happily sitting on a softmod thank you

  8. #8
    GC iso loading?


    Yes thats just what I thought.

  9. #9
    Member trekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Favs View Post
    GC iso loading?


    Yes thats just what I thought.


    I dont think thats something uber awesome, I mean, GC games are outdated, We are up to the wii now

  10. #10
    Member trekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiJohn View Post
    I'm not suggesting you go the softmod route. Its not to be undertaken lightly.

    If you want there are two good softmod guides for your 4.2.

    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...tem-menus.html by messie

    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...y-4-2-wii.html by shadowsonic2


    I used shadows guide for a mates 4.2 and within 1/2 an hour it was all done...

    No stuffing around, nothing to worry about.

    Shadows ftw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •