Thread: Is it the flash drive? =/

Is it the flash drive? =/

Hi people I had a soft modded wii and i played NSMBW, WSR, and Monolopy all off a 500 GB hard drive. All the games worked fine. I bought a smaller 8GB flash drive to load my games. I tried NSMB (from a different source - cant find the original) and it crashed. I put it down to a faulty file. Now I have a boy and his blob. This game loads (like NSMBW) lets me play a few minutes (like NSMBW) and then crashes (again... like NSMBW).

Is this purely a co-incidence? Or could it be the flash drive? If anyone knows any reason why a flash drive could cuase a game to crash, I'd love to hear it. Its from play.com and made by play.com.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    Wall-Eyed Mucksucker
    What error do you get when it crashes....

Also, what is your flash drive formatted with? Have you tried any other games?

The drive is formatted with WBFS. my 500 GB was intended for keeping dvdrips. When i heard about USB for wii, I used that until i found one of a more reasonable size. I thought 8GB would be sufficient.

I haven't tried any other games besides those 2. I have, since posting this, tried Boy and his blob on my 2BG flash drive and it works a charm, leading me to believe it is the flash drive i bought for use with my wii.

The error i get is a blck screen.

Before I waste my money on another USB drive (i doubt play.com will allow a return for the reason "it wont let me play wii games") can someone suggest some brands of USB drives. Prefereably 8/16/32 GB.

What do you use?

Thanks

Sounds like it's definitely the flash drive. I used a sandisk 8gb flash until a got a couple WD 1TB hard drives at $60 a pop (don't u love black friday sales?). So I'd suggest Sandisk brand. PNY worked as well. Also since u are using a new drive were there any loader settings u saved from the previous drives? I think they reset when u change the device. Not sure though.

As for the return, I would just say the drive wasn't compatible with the program I'm wanted to use it for. It's the truth isn't it?