Thread: wode plays GC....with new 1.21 firmware

Thumbs up wode plays GC....with new 1.21 firmware

this video courtesy of Ozmodchips
    Last edited by ModderMan; 01-20-2010 at 05:13 PM.

Wiihacks Super Mod / Admin

I have 1.21...and my WODe refuses to play it's own GC code! When I try to run that GC menu, all I get is "region mismatch" - regardless of region/patch settings.

WiiHacks Staff
    D2Sun Forum Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    Mate you have had a hard time with it it seems. As you know from the WODE forum the developers are working on sorting the region miss match that is happening with a few US Wii consols, I think you also have the 4.2 version Wii. But hang in their mate it will be sorted. Most US users are having no problems with it.

I am loving it on a PAL system.

Actually my Wii started as a 3.4u system which I painstakingly updated to only 4.1u - not 4.2u. No games are out of region because practically zero TV's in the USA include PAL compatability.

This whole "but most people" "but only a few" "but they're working on it" etc is making me feel ill. Getting it "close" to 100% only counts with horseshoes and handgrenades.

When I loaded 1.21 I noticed that the default region was JAP. If you change this to US. I-in WODE menu, Settings screen. This may solve your Problem.

Please let me know if this helped.

WiiHacks Staff
    D2Sun Forum Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by hiprofile View Post
    Actually my Wii started as a 3.4u system which I painstakingly updated to only 4.1u - not 4.2u. No games are out of region because practically zero TV's in the USA include PAL compatability.

This whole "but most people" "but only a few" "but they're working on it" etc is making me feel ill. Getting it "close" to 100% only counts with horseshoes and handgrenades.
    Point taken mate - it is the pits that your particular hardware combination does not work perfectly with the WODE. At least you did not do the stupid thing like I did and update to 4.2. Man I could have eaten my wrist when I realised I had done that.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N_B View Post
    At least you did not do the stupid thing like I did and update to 4.2. Man I could have eaten my wrist when I realised I had done that.
    Why is that a problem? I thought it didn't matter what version you are using with the WODE.

I had to update to 4.2 the other day in order to set up Internet connectivity on my new Wii.

WiiHacks Staff
    D2Sun Forum Moderator
    Well it was a problem for me at the time because I had a whole heap of out of region games. With the 4.2 update no out of region game can be played without a soft mod which I do not intend to do. But I replaced all those out of region games with PAL versions. My region so all good.