does this work on r4?
CycloDS 1.56 b7 firmware is released. This fixes Bookworm (been waiting for this fix) along with other roms.
UPDATED TO 1.57 b1 - HERE
SOURCE - http://cyclods.wikidot.com/
DOWNLOAD - CycloDS Revolution: Firmware Updates
So you installed the new firmware and your favorite game still don't work, look at this compatibility list - http://cyclods.ject.pro/
Release date: 15 January, 2010
CycloDS Evolution v1.56 BETA 7 firmware has been released for testing, changes include:
* Patches for some currently known Metaforic protected games applied by loader, thus eliminating the need to use these games with Stealth Mode
* Game compatibility fixes (DSi 0010, DSi 0021, DSi 0025, 3212, 3499, 4207, 4472, 4522, 4550, 4565, 4571, 4581, 4587, 4622 and possibly more)
* Miscellaneous other bug fixes
This BETA mainly concentrates on fixing known compatibility issues; hopefully most known issues are now resolved. The only remaining issue known to us is the "ice peak" issue with Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games. We have not had the time to progress this far in the game ourselves and have not been able to reproduce the bug, so we would appreciate it if somebody could upload a save file for the point just before the problem occurs in the game, along with instructions for how to trigger the problem.
For those who have been concerned with the matter of applying known patches for Metaforic protected games by the loader, we intend to do so from this point onward, starting from this release. Stealth Mode is to be used for such protected games when a patch does not yet exist; as soon as a patch is available (either from ourselves or a third party) it will be integrated into the CycloDS loader.
This should finally be the last BETA before the final 1.56 release. We're looking forward to your feedback, and providing there are no significant issues a final release is imminent.
list of game fixes
DSi 0010 The iDOLM@STER - Dearly Stars (Japan)
DSi 0021 Power Pro-Kun Pocket 12 (Japan)
DSi 0025 Just Sing (Europe)
3212 100 Classic Book Collection (Europe)
3499 Rittai Picross (Japan)
4207 Rhythm World (Korea)
4472 Layton Kyouju to Majin no Fue (Japan)
4522 The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Europe)
4550 Nintendo Presents Crossword Collection (Europe)
4565 Het Huis Anubis - Het geheim van Osiris (Netherlands)
4571 Zelda no Densetsu Daichi no Kiteki (Japan)
4581 Post Pet DS Yume Miru Momo to Fushigi no Pen (Japan)
4587 Dear Girl Stories Hibiki Hibiki Tokkun Daisakusen (Japan)
4622 Bookworm (USA)
Here is what the readme says
Release Notes for CycloDS Evolution Firmware v1.56 BETA 7
- v1.56 BETA 7:
* Patches for some currently known Metaforic protected games applied by loader,
thus eliminating the need to use these games with Stealth Mode
* Game compatibility fixes (DSi 0010, DSi 0021, DSi 0025, 3212, 3499, 4207, 4472, 4522,
4550, 4565, 4571, 4581, 4587, 4622 and possibly more)
* Miscellaneous other bug fixes
- v1.56 BETA 6:
* Major improvements to both performance and stability with Stealth Mode
* Stealth Mode is disabled by default for games which have already
- v1.56 BETA 5:
* Added Stealth Mode feature, fixes 4362, 4417, 4482, 4492 (see below)
* Fixed problem with LCD brightness configuration
* Other game compatibility fixes (DSi 0015, 4506)
- v1.56 BETA 4:
* Many internal changes
* Tweaked automatic game protection patcher, should fix delays with some games
* Game compatibility fix (4262, 4323)
- v1.56 BETA 3:
* Fixed bug affecting 3541
* Game compatibility fix (4177)
- v1.56 BETA 2:
* Fixed regression relating to the update of the automatic game protection
v1.56 BETA 1:
* Updated the automatic game protection patcher to support recent releases
such as 4159, 4160, 4162
Stealth Mode is a powerful new feature exclusive to CycloDS Evolution, targeted at defeating a new
type of "anti-tamper" protection which has appeared in recent games. Previously the only way to
defeat this protection was through complex software cracks, being extremely time consuming to create
and entirely different for each game, meaning considerable delays for users given the likelihood of
a proliferation of titles featuring this protection. CycloDS Evolution's automated solution provides
a means for instantaneous playback of these titles without any need for the user to patch or alter
the ROM files in any way.
Please note the following points with regards to Stealth Mode:
- The Cyclo Evolution stealth code is still in development. As such we are releasing a BETA in
order that we may obtain feedback and support our loyal user base with new functionality in advance
of the final release. We trust that should you encounter any issues, feedback will be forthcoming
through posts in our forums.
- Stealth Mode is currently being optimised and tested for stability. The current BETA release in no
way reflects the final performance of the feature and is presented purely to offer a glimpse of the
advanced functionality which we strive hard to provide. In using the BETA Stealth Mode feature for
playback of anti-tamper titles, performance may be slightly compromised due to the fact that the
feature has yet to be completely optimised.
- Stealth Mode is only required for games which feature the new anti-tamper protection scheme.
CycloDS Evolution will automatically enable Stealth Mode for games known to feature the anti-tamper
protection at the time of the last firmware release. Should new anti-tamper releases appear in
between releases of the Cyclo Evolution firmware, stealth mode will require manual enabling by
holding START while loading the game.
- While a game is running in Stealth Mode the Enhanced Menu is disabled
Last edited by Stomp_442; 02-26-2010 at 04:24 PM.
does this work on r4?