Very newbie questions...new to the scene
I have just softmodded my wii 4.2u. homebrew channel, dvdx, bootmii, wad manager 1.4, and neo gamma r7. That's all i've done so far. Before i do anything else,
1) Can i change my internet settings to "On" or do i have to leave it "Off" the whole time?
2) If I turn it back on, will nintendo automatically check for an update and automatically update my system? ( I know never to update b/c it will posibly brick my wii)
3) Is it safe to buy some stuff from nintendo through the WII or am i now dependent through homebrew channel?
1. Yes, On is OK (leave WiConnect24 to OFF is recommended, however --- even if @ 4.2)
2. See #1
3. Not really sure I understand the question as phrased.
Thanks for the quick reply. As for the third question:
Say i wanted to download from the nintendo channel store(which I probably won't), will nintendo detect my softmods?
Nope, you are safe for all online usage, including games (just don't cheat, they do ban for that if caught but nothing to do with modding). This ain't Xbox 360...
nice...yea i need to get my 360 modded...i rarely use my live...so i might as well do it.