Thread: Why am I doing these things in the directions

Why am I doing these things in the directions

Hey everyone. I am new to the Wii scene and was able to install the bannerbomb hack v2 and get backups working off of usb key on my wii. What I would like to do is actually understand what the hell I did. I have been reading, reading and reading and I understand an IOS vs an ISO and so on. Why did I have to remove 4 different IOS? what makes 249 different than others? Why are the instructions in that certain order?

I really would like to understand what I did so in future exploits I do not do any damage. I always try to research as much as possible before I begin. Any help would be appreciated even if it is just a link.

Anything that can help me understand the process from beginning to end in detail.

The files you removed were stubs placed on the console by N. This allowed you to install the cIOS files needed for homebrew/backups/etc. in the next step.
    "I think that the Wii is a beautiful piece of hardware, and a broken Wii is a tragedy. It doesn’t matter why or how." -- Bushing

Look uP

Thank You I will look up the new ones individually to see what each purpose is for each. I will also look up the four "stubs" I removed if you do not mind me asking what is a stub. I will be happy to look it up if you dont feel like it.