GC Backup Issues
Okay so here's the thing:
I successfully modded my system to play Wii Backups which, by the way, play beautifully. (Thanks to everyone who made that possible)
In my quest to further mod my system, I decided to make it capable of playing GC Backups. I followed tutorials and in the end, I got everything set up.
Now, the problem is that:
1. The disc takes forever to load. It'll spin for about 5 minutes, making loud clicking noises, then it'll finally load. I installed mIOS, if that has anything to do with it.
2. Some games that are confirmed to work, aren't working. Games such as Lost Kingdoms (I & II), X-Men Legends(I & II), etc. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Who knows?
3. When I try to play Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, it plays decently. Except it studders constantly. On top of that, it's zoomed in for some reason. As if it isn't fitting in my screen. Solution?
I burn all my discs at 2-4x on DVD-R using IMGBurn. I have most cIOSs installed. Or at least the ones outlined at this quaint location. Up to Installing Hermes. My Wii is 4.0U.
Any information would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks
Anyone? It's been 2 days...
I have the same problem i just posted my issue.
The things I have installed that I think may affect booting GC backups are
Originally Posted by Grizzly13
1. cIOS38 rev14, for booting the GC backup loader.
2. cMIOS, for the ability to play GC backups.
4. GameCube backup launcher 0.2 and 0.1 Xi
As for your dvd taking too long to launch, sound like a hardware issue or DVD media issue. For some reason your media is not easily recognized, probably due to media quality or burning process, or even a dirty laser lens. Verbatim -R or Taiyo Yuden -R are the best for backups. Any other brand is at your expense.
If a game is on the compatibility list as working, then somebody has gotten the game to work, make sure you're reading the compatibility list correctly, also there are a few compatibility lists, make sure you're looking at the right one.
This was confirmed working on 4.2, http://www.wiihacks.com/software-bac...tml#post149779
Originally Posted by llcoolbill
My problem is PROBARLY That i got cIOS38Rev16 installed so thats probarly Grizzly his problem too thats my guess.
I tried to uninstall it but i cant find it on anytitledeleter
Any ideas with this ?
Ok I fixed it people just Re-install cIOS38Rev14 and you will be fine.
You reinstalled cIOS38 rev14, does this get GC games working?
Originally Posted by Micronuub
Well My backuplauncher worked before and after it dindt so i figured that it might be a cIOS I updated
And in a other Thread i saw someone having problems playing GC games And wii games with cIOS38Rev16 and after he downgraded he fixed it so also tried this and it worked
No more ticking noises or Dvd read errors. SO technicallily Rev16 and 15 Screws up your ability to PLAY Backuped GC Games so I suggest to stay on Rev14
Tags for this Thread