Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Watching DVD Movies on Wii -- can it be done?

  1. #1

    Watching DVD Movies on Wii -- can it be done?

    So is there any way to watch dvd movies on my Wii?

    It's chipped, I have the homebrew channel installed... Yet I can't find an app for this, nor a guide... Is it just not possible?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member wiimaster4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,224
    Last edited by wiimaster4eva; 01-10-2010 at 12:35 PM.
    ii acks.com




  3. #3

    Us

    Quote Originally Posted by davidc2 View Post
    So is there any way to watch dvd movies on my Wii?

    It's chipped, I have the homebrew channel installed... Yet I can't find an app for this, nor a guide... Is it just not possible?

    Thanks
    MPlayer is an app that lets you play DVD video. But as far as I know, you can only play videos off of it, not an actual store-bought DVD.
    If I have helped you at all, please click the "Thanks" button. Thank you and good luck.

  4. #4
    Found this


    And he actually uses both of the programs you guys named, he uses this player: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/MPlayer_TT
    But it doesn't actually play, any tips? Is it the version? Missing something? I have 3.4U and I downloaded the version off the Homebrew Browser app, but really don't know... any tips?
    Last edited by davidc2; 01-10-2010 at 06:15 PM.

  5. #5

    Us

    Quote Originally Posted by davidc2 View Post
    Found this
    YouTube- Wii Would Like To Hack Episode 4: Installing DVDx and Playing DVDs

    And he actually uses both of the programs you guys named, but it doesn't actually play, any tips? Is it the version? I have 3.4U and I downloaded the version off the Homebrew Browser app, which I'm guessing it's the issue, but really don't know... any tips?
    A lot of these videos are fakes. I'm not saying that this one is, but I'm not saying it's not. It's obviously not a store-bought DVD. Notice that there are only 5 chapters on the DVD? Most of them have at least 20. He probably made a video disc and and played it. But I could be wrong.
    If I have helped you at all, please click the "Thanks" button. Thank you and good luck.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Trotter_rettorT View Post
    A lot of these videos are fakes. I'm not saying that this one is, but I'm not saying it's not. It's obviously not a store-bought DVD. Notice that there are only 5 chapters on the DVD? Most of them have at least 20. He probably made a video disc and and played it. But I could be wrong.
    Actually, it shows those options even if a DVD is not present on that app.

    Not saying it can't be fake, but if it is, that is not the reason...
    Last edited by davidc2; 01-11-2010 at 05:00 AM.

  7. #7
    Install dvdx through the bootmii/hackmii installer, then use MplayerCE to watch dvds..Just put in Underworld Evolution original disc and it worked fine

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Devillist View Post
    Install dvdx through the bootmii/hackmii installer, then use MplayerCE to watch dvds..Just put in Underworld Evolution original disc and it worked fine
    Just reinforcing this comment. Yes you can play commercial dvds on your console through mplayer. Works fine. The only exception would be if the console had a D3-2 chip, preventing the drive from reading anything but original Wii discs.

    Edit: And when it comes to modifying your Wii, the further away you stay from youtube the healthier your console will be.
    Last edited by Ithian; 01-10-2010 at 06:52 PM.
    "I think that the Wii is a beautiful piece of hardware, and a broken Wii is a tragedy. It doesn’t matter why or how." -- Bushing

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithian View Post
    Just reinforcing this comment. Yes you can play commercial dvds on your console through mplayer. Works fine. The only exception would be if the console had a D3-2 chip, preventing the drive from reading anything but original Wii discs.
    I have the GC2-D2C chipset.

    I downloaded and installed DVDx v3.4 from homebrew channel and I also tried MPlayer CE (was mistakenly using TT first) but it does nothing.

    I'm going to update my firmware to 4.1U, and test this again... Will come back with results.

    How can I access bootmi/hackmii after I have already installed the HBC?

  10. #10
    Same way you did the first time, through the data management/channels menus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •