A few questions
I've been browsing the forums as a guest for awhile and just registered, I'm considering modding my Wii and right now getting familiar with everything before I begin to mod. I have a few questions about modding my Wii.
I purchased my Wii around May/June 2008 so I assume it's either D2C or D2C2, so I have decided to purchase a D2pro9 v2 chip. Found canadamods.ca a cheap seller of D2pro9 v2 (Canadamods.ca - Official Distributor for WiiKey, D2CKey, D2Pro, D2PRO9, Wasabi, Wii-Clip etc..... - 9 Wire D2Pro - D2PRO9 REV 2- With Flat Ribbon Cable ~ FOR D2C2, D2C, D2A,D2B,DMS (Powered by CubeCart)).
1) The site says the chip is upgradeable via DVD and D2prog but it also says firmware is different then the normal 1.1b, and I've read that before 1.1b, it isn't possible to upgrade the chip through DVD. So will the chip come in previous versions of 1.1b and I would require a D2prog to update or the versions 1.1b and after?
2) Second question is regarding D2pro.com firmware updates. Theres utility disc and firmware, can someone tell me the difference and which one would I use to update the mod chip? I assume the firmware one, just want some confirmation.
3) Does anyone representing canadamods know if they provide the D2pro9 v2 in the latest firmware of 2.0?
4) On D2pro.com, the 2.0 update confuses me a bit, if I were to experience this eject issue like a lot of other people, it's only updateable through D2prog or DVD as well?
I'll post more questions if I remember more. Thanks.
we offer all our chips with the latest firmware on them...d2pro9s have latest 2.0 firmware
Is that your site or canadamods?
we are GMODZ not canadamods..the link in the first post is canadamods
Alright, since your site offered 2.0 firmware opposed to canadamods which doesn't state which version. I've ordered from you guys. Hope to see it soon =).
np it will be shipped out today
Retired Staff Member
1) D2Pro9 V2 is upgradeable via DVD
2) Utility Disc is what you use to upgrade the D2Pro9 V2, Firmware is for the older version of the chip that requires the use of the Programmer.
3) I do not represent CanadaMods, but I can tell you that CanadaMods have been sending the D2Pro9v2 with the firmware version 1.3, I don't know if that will change now that 2.1 is out officially.
4) D2Pro9v2 is updateable using DVD, so if your D2Pro9v2 comes loaded with 1.3 then download 2.1 from the D2Pro site and follow the instructions to update you wii using DVD
*UNDERSTAFFED*ONLY MK Contestants & ***** Supporters can PM MODS
to do this update you will require a d2prog as this type of updates writes to the actel chip. the dvd writes to the spi flash. but if you are getting the d2pro9 v2 then you do not have to update the chip using the d2prog as it comes with 2.0 already and i know the installer says 2.1 but i think that was a mistake
Originally Posted by jbloggs
Does anyone know the link to the site where you enter your serial number and it would give you a percentage on what chip set you have? Looked through forums and couldn't find.
Last edited by Skyre; 07-16-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Retired Staff Member
Here is the link for the SN tracker
Nintendo-Scene Wii Serial Tracker