Thread: New modded wii!

New modded wii!

hello all!!

hi i just didnt know where to post this question at, so i decided to try here, i just traded my xbox 360.. which was modified for a nintendo wii, which is modified... okay ummm the guy kept his SD card with all the files on it, and i had a modified wii a LONG time ago.. and i need a refresh... but he used USB loader to boot up his games, i don't do that.. i use DVD disk's... can ANYONE give me a link to the new up to date wii back up loader channel?? so i can install it onto my nintendo wii so i can play my back up games?? or what channel do people use nowadays to even play back up's???

i got 4.2U and IOS 249 i believe!

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    Wall-Eyed Mucksucker
    look at messies guide (link in my sig)

i followed his guide, i installed the cios rev... and i went into neogamma and went to launch game on dvd... it says (DVD Read Error (1048) )

soooo i take it i cant play burnt games

WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Dr. House @ Wiihacks
    Quote Originally Posted by SDulsky22 View Post
    soooo i take it i cant play burnt games
    Extract of the Error Index:

1048, 1053 & 1101:
    DVD Read Error Bad burn/media or incorrect cios/neogamma version. If you are laready using Verbatim DVD-r burned at 4x, try switching to neogammar6 and cios36rev10 (will not work for new wiis/this has worked only for LU39 models). Also this error will persist on newer wiis, meaning that they have the new D3-2 chip which cannot read backups at all. Only option for them is USB loading.

Quality media is a must... Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden, Ritek G05. Generally in the real world, you see any of those three error codes for poor media/bad burns, improper cIOS installation, or D3-2 drive. If the Wii was purchased new within the last six months and you're using quality media and know you've done the cIOS/IOS249 step correctly, that leaves D3-2 as the most likely culprit. I just replied on the outside chance is was one of the other two possibilities...

Nightstah

well the thing is i was using these games like.. last year.. and they were working absolutely fine on my old wii!! i can try using cios36rev 10, and neogammar6, is there a link?? and i got a LU72 model.

jeez this is so frustrating.

did u check to see if your wii CAN play burned games?

some of the new wii can with a diffrent chipset that will not allow you to play burned games. im in that boat, but use usb loader gx, get the job done, and i get to be lazy and not have to get up to switch disk'z. suaweeeeeeT!

zEE

ok now my dad is giving me a external HDD... now how exactly does that work??? do you add iso games to the HDD through window's or what?? do i plug into the pc.. dl the iso.. slap it onto the HDD and boot it up? or do i need a program? or what ? lol i am COMPLETELY new to external HDD for the wii.. any help with a guide would be much appreciated... i ALREADY Got USB loader onto my wii... and i know it work's... so that is settled... but im just confused as to how i add iso's to the external hdd.

WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Dr. House @ Wiihacks