Thread: SEMI BRICK Wii (any help truly appreciated)

Us SEMI BRICK Wii (any help truly appreciated)

I was advised not to post a question in the intro section, which I concur with and am now posting here. I hope this is okay. If not, someone please point me in the right direction.

I have read so much here and I have forgotten half of what I have seen.

Needless to say, there is a question or two I have, if you don't mind.

1.) Why would you chip when you can soft?

2.) What is better? Chipping or softing or both combined?

I have followed all instructions to a tee re: softmodding. And everything works almost flawlessly on my Wii. (Occasional freeze when returning to sysmenu or maybe I'm too impatient and think it's faster to reset than wait)
    I can`t or don`t see the point in chipping.

3.) I`m also trying to help a friend with a semi-bricked LU37 Wii with (he thinks) SunKey chip. I have tried to run 289 repad to no avail. I have tried to run a few backup games to get an update, however nothing wants to give me the option of updating. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I have missed something while searching please just let me know and I will keep searching the forums and tuts. Also his Wii will play burned games, but not NSMB.

My Wii
    System Menu 4.1U - Preloader v.030 - Bootmii - cIOS38rev14
    HBC 1.0.6 - USB Loader GX - 500GB USB HDD Comstar - Opera Internet
    NeoGamma R7 - ISO Dumper

My Friends Wii
    LU37 , System Menu (unknown) - No other softmods - Sunkey (Couple years old)

Sunny Wales, UK
    Thanked 4,104 Times in 2,453 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Firstly if your friend has no homebrew then NSMB is going to be the best way to fix the semi-brick. Rent a copy or buy it, it's actually a good game and worth supporting Nintendo.

If he does have homebrew and cIOS then install a System IOS and Menu relevant to his Wii. Perhaps 4.1U.

1) Disc channel loading mainly and ease of use/updating.

2) No method is better, just gives different benefits/drawbacks. With WODE you get the best of both worlds. Still I have both but tend to use the softmod for the USB function, haven't loaded a disc in months so my hardmod was a bit of a waste.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

3. 1 User Says Thank You Tealc For This Useful Post