Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Wii Mod Chip Is Best For Me?

What Wii Mod Chip Is Best For Me?

On the the nintendo scene it sayed I have a GC2-D2C. Price is not important as long as its under 70 dollars or so. I would want an easier one to put in but one that still does alot of stuff. I plan on buying for Canadamods so anything I can get there would be best. Thanks!

Inactive *********
    *UNDERSTAFFED*ONLY MK Contestants & ***** Supporters can PM MODS
    go for the d2pro9 v2 just to be on the save side incase you have a d2c2 wii. you will have a d2c wii for sure if you bough it before june if so then you can get the d2pro9 v1

I brought it in Feb I believe. Thanks for the quick reply.

Inactive *********
    then get the d2pro9 v1 if its cheaper if there the same price go for the d2pro9 v2

Exclamation how about mine?

How about mine?

I bought my wii in march 2008 and the wii serial tracker website said this: There is a 50% chance that your drive chip is a GC2-D2C

There is a 50% chance that the pins on your drive chip are not cut.

i was gonna get the d2ckey presoldered to a wii-clip but some people reccomended me to d2cpro + wii-clip. I don't want to make the wrong decision.

Also if i have a d2c wii v1 then if i got the d2cpro, would it still work?

Oh yeah i almost forgot here is my wii serial number:

LU339038453
    Last edited by smasher164; 07-15-2008 at 09:26 AM.

i think that would be D2C not the new D2C2, i remember reading somewhere that LU5XX and up are D2C2 but i could be wrong. i'd go with the D2Pro9 V2 just incase.

Inactive *********
    yeah just go get the d2pro9 v2 even if you have a d2c wii, the d2pro9 v2 chip work on all wii's to date. If you are getting it with the wiiclip make sure they configure it to be compatiable with d2c/d2c2 as you can also buy it for dms and d2b but they use different solder points.

Reading Room
    you can get v1 or v2....the new 2.0 firmware converts the v1 to a v2 chip anyway and all resellers should be able to update the chip before sending it out to you as it only takes 30 seconds.

yeah but are all updates on the d2pro9 v2 able to go with dvd or do some have to have the d2prog?
    Last edited by smasher164; 07-16-2008 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jebise101 View Post
    yeah just go get the d2pro9 v2 even if you have a d2c wii, the d2pro9 v2 chip work on all wii's to date. If you are getting it with the wiiclip make sure they configure it to be compatiable with d2c/d2c2 as you can also buy it for dms and d2b but they use different solder points.
    how do i configure it to be compatible with d2c or d2c2?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast