Thread: Freeze Mid-Game

Freeze Mid-Game

I'm about ready to give up. the only game ive gotten to work 100% is paper mario. all i had to do to the game was patch the main.dol and imgburn it to a dvd+r. works great.

then i tried ghostbusters.. this one would freeze after neogamma loaded it. the screen would go green, then black, then my remote would go crazy. i searched and found where someone said they eject the disc and re-insert before it freezes. this worked to get me to the ghostb title screen, then it would freeze.

i discovered ghostbusters was different than paper mario in that it had 2 partitions - 1 for the update and 1 for the game. i searched more and learned i needed to upgrade some ios'. i proceeded to try scarface with the new ios'. d/l the iso because someone said gb had a known issue. scarface would not load either, black screen.

i searched some more and found out how to remove the update partition with brickblocker. d/l the program and i dont think it did anything because i still saw the partition on wiiscrubber. i right clicked it there and just deleted it. this seemed to have worked as the next game i got - shaunwhite roadtrip - loaded fine. i would go through the game but when i had to choose a character, the game froze and made a strange buzzing noise through the tv speakers.

i'm about to give up but it's killing me not knowing what the problem is. i doubt its the dvd+r thing (even though i know everyone swears by -r). reason being is paper mario works perfect. i burn them at x2 with imgburn. the wii is softmodded 4.2u with the latest ios'. i followed the guide in the tutorial section.

can anyone provide some advice? im just tired of wasting dvd's. lol.

bump. anyone?

So you have Super Paper Mario working correctly? Well that means that your DVD drive is fine, without the new chip. Definitely use DVD-R though. DVD-R will wear less on the laser, is easier for the Wii to read and just makes gameplay flow smoother. You'd be surprised what the difference can achieve.
    4.1E - Priiloader 0.3b - bootmii as IOS - cIOS 38 r15 - Triiforce MRC v.7 - MPlayer CE v.0.76 - Configurable USB Loader v.48 - WiiFlow v1.1 - SanDisk 2GB SD - 320GB Vertabim HDD
    Please remember to hit if I've been of any assistance to you.

3.1-4.1
    Playing Backups from USB
    Playing WiiWare and VC Games off of USB/SD

I was in denial because SPM worked perfectly on DVD+R. Bought some Verbatim DVD-R today and got Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip to work finally. Gameplay felt smoother, like you said. Thanks!

No trouble
    4.1E - Priiloader 0.3b - bootmii as IOS - cIOS 38 r15 - Triiforce MRC v.7 - MPlayer CE v.0.76 - Configurable USB Loader v.48 - WiiFlow v1.1 - SanDisk 2GB SD - 320GB Vertabim HDD
    Please remember to hit if I've been of any assistance to you.

3.1-4.1
    Playing Backups from USB
    Playing WiiWare and VC Games off of USB/SD