Thread: Flickering Screen Problems with PAL games on NTSC

Us Flickering Screen Problems with PAL games on NTSC

Hello. I'm using a 4.2 softmod, using Neogamma R7, rev 14. I've tried to play PAL games before and have had no troubles, but recently, I got two new games (Alien Syndrome and Army Men: Soldiers of Misfortune). Both games are PAL and neither of them are working for me. I've forced to video to NTSC, then tried to force it to Wii. I feel like I've used every combination imaginable of vid patches on and off. But still, I get a vicious flickering screen. Does anyone have any idea what I could do? I would really appreciate the help. I've searched the internet and a lot of forums for the answer, but nothing really helped me. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Trotter_rettorT

I've had those problems aswell but not with those games. I tried to get some NTSC games working on my PAL console and it was a nightmare, I done everything from forcing video modes to region change the iso and editing the main.dol of the iso.

Apparently some games just aren't compatible when converting video modes, I think it's just easier getting the right NTSC iso instead of that headache.

But thats just might opinion from my little experience with it. Hopefully theres an easier / simplier solution

Us

Quote Originally Posted by hypedblank View Post
    I've had those problems aswell but not with those games. I tried to get some NTSC games working on my PAL console and it was a nightmare, I done everything from forcing video modes to region change the iso and editing the main.dol of the iso.

Apparently some games just aren't compatible when converting video modes, I think it's just easier getting the right NTSC iso instead of that headache.

But thats just might opinion from my little experience with it. Hopefully theres an easier / simplier solution
    Thanks, man. That was what I was afraid of. It just takes so long to download NTCS games sometimes! Appreciate the reply, man.

Stop writing with cyan letters.

Quote Originally Posted by messie View Post
    Stop writing with cyan letters.
    Whats the problem? Should I not use the colour feature your forum has?

I think I missed the boat on this one, this is my standard way of 'foruming'.

To add this is "royalblue", I dont really see the point of pointing this out in a random thread instead of a pm.