Thread: homebrew channel deleted

homebrew channel deleted

I installed bannerbomb and had the homebrew channel working. My daughter accidentally deleted the homebrew channel and now I can't get bannerbomb to work anymore. Any suggestions would be helpful. I have version 3.4. Thanks.

If you have FW3.4 you can try doing the twilight hack; Twilight Hack - WiiBrew

Have you tried different versions of BannerBomb?
    Please remember to thank if I have helped you in any way!

I have tried two different versions of bannerbomb, but when it doesn't seem to read the boot.elf file. It doesn't show anything on the sd screen.

Try renaming the Boot.elf file to Boot.dol and see if that loads.

no, I tried to rename boot.elf, but I only get the normal screen for sd card which doesn't show anything.

My Nieghbor did the same thing to theirs today too. I was able to get the Homebrew channel back by running bannerbomb again. You can follow the instructions here:
    bannerbomb

Their wii is running 3.4U

To be sure it worked, I started with a fresh SD card. I recommend doing the same. Just dump the current content off somewhere else and then empty the the card and follow the instructions at the link above.

I've tried that several times, but it won't pick up the boot.elf to even begin install.

Try formatting your SD card and then trying BannerBomb over again.

If that doesn't work, then you'll have to get yourself a copy of Zelda TP and do the Twilight Hack.

Quote Originally Posted by whytheend View Post
    Try formatting your SD card and then trying BannerBomb over again.

If that doesn't work, then you'll have to get yourself a copy of Zelda TP and do the Twilight Hack.
    Ditto That

this happened on a mates wii i did, in priloader choose load file n load the boot.elf/ boot.dol that way and it should bring up the install screen and let you install.