Thread: Confused. Wii mote desyncs when i use cutom installer

Confused. Wii mote desyncs when i use cutom installer

I have been reading around for about an hour now. I downloaded USB Loader GX and put it in my apps folder on my sd card. I plugged my new external hard drive into my wii (ntfs format) and loaded usb loader gx for the first time and just got a black screen.

I figured I must have done something wrong when installing it. Then I read about all of this cios38rev14 and 36 stuff that had to be loaded via wad manager. Well I follow all the instructions but every time I go to install these with IOS 249 my wii mote shuts off. I tried 250 and 222 as well same thing.

I am confused and frustrated. I have version 4.2U.

All I want is to copy game discs in my wii to the hard drive and be able to boot them from usb loader. How the heck do i get my wiimotes to stop shutting off? I am currently formatting my hdd to fat32 through a DOS command prompt since XP won't let me do it otherwise.

your gonna need to format you hdd to wbfs using wbfs manager on your pc., you might also want to install hermes ios 222/223.

Did you recently update to 4.2u or is your wii virgine 4.2u ?

i updated in october. Hard drive is formatted to wbfs now. But usb loader gx just gives me a black screen? My wiimote shuts off when trying to install cios38 or 36 or using wad manager with ios 249

they normaly do "shut off" for a breif second. if you hit a button all they do is blink?, have you tryed to re-sync them before going into wad manager?

Yes, all they do is blink.
    I have tried the full hacking guide http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...tem-menus.html

When I got to Part C it told me that the Custom IOS had an error during install. When I go to load USB loader GX now instead of a black screen it tells me I need to find IOS 249 or 222

I don't know how to get these installed because every time I get to an install page using wad manager it my wiimotes desync