Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did i mess up my Wii

Did i mess up my Wii

First i want to say, glad to be hear and thanks for listening to my question. I just installed the D2Key mod chip. Well i bought a drive that had it installed already and i just swapped my Wii drive with this one, first game i put in, Indiana Jones NTSC version and it asked me to update the Wii, which i said yes. It ran the update and i was able to load the game, no problem. I then put in Kung Fu Panda, back up of course as was the Indy game. That also played fine. Now I put in Top Spin 3 Pal version, again it asked me to update and i said yes. It ran through the update and it did not play the game. Then i put in Boom Blox back up and that ran fine. I then went to try Indy and that does not work any more. In fact I have a hard time loading boom blox, i usually have to turn Wii all the way off, hit reset and then it will load.

I have 2 weather channels as well now which i dont think i had before. My question is, is my Wii messed up? It is not a brick as it plays games, back ups as well, but it seems to not play the back ups as easily as it was intitially. Is there anything i can do? Now remember my wii does work, i just was expected more from this top of the line chip. and yes i read now(too late) that i need to use Brickblocker to burn my ISO's, so i wont do that again, but i want to know if i have any option other then buying a new wii?? And please i can do without the smart ass answers. Thanks for your help.

Retired Staff Member

Seems you might have semi bricked wii. Check out the information at the following link

Bricked/Semi-Bricked Wii info

second user in 2 days to semi brick with top spin pal. People please do your homework before downloading and burning every game out therem u cant install updates from a pal game on a ntsc system, thats one of the first things you should know prior to downloading.

Us

yes i know i should have read, but was so excited. Wanted to let you guys all know i did the bushings trick and it worked like a charm! I am very happy again.

Question - Can i play the Top Spin PAL version at all? If i use brick blocker? And why in the world has there not been anyone to dump a USA version of this ISO out there?

Ca

You need 2 things to prevent bricking your Wii

1. Regionfrii 1.21 (changes PAL iso to NTSC iso)
    2. WiiBrickblocker 1.3r2 (Removes updates in a wii iso)

You patch an Iso file before you burn it
    Google both

Inactive *********
    *UNDERSTAFFED*ONLY MK Contestants & ***** Supporters can PM MODS
    there both in the download section, i dont think differnent region games can brick a wii if they are brick blocked so no reason to use regionfrii. Plus get wui which has both region patcher and brick blocker

Ca

Where is this "wui" I cant find it?

Inactive *********
    sorry its wiu and it can be found Wiu 1.0 : Wii iso utilities - MaxConsole Forums

Retired Staff Member

Which version should be used 1.0 or the 1.1, I ask this because the last post has link to 1.0

Inactive *********
    Deposit Files

this is wiu 1.1 and this is the version i use, the only problem i had with this was a scrubbed version of mario party 8 just wouldn't read it as a wii disk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast