Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i think i bricked my wii help

i think i bricked my wii help

Please help! The Wii only boots to a black screen. It doesn’t flicker or anything. Just a black screen. The only way I can tell something is connected to my T.V. is when I power up the Wii ntsc comes up, but that’s it.

I started with a 3.2u installed the hb channel. everything worked fine until nsmb came out so I installed cIOS38_rev14 and some other stuff like cios249 and the game worked. then someone did a firmware up-date to 4.2u via Nintendos web site (biggggg mistake) so I had to re install the hb channel using banner bomb. I also installed dvdx and bootmii as an iso then downgraded back to 3.2u. everything was fine until I tried to install Waninkoko Firmware Updater v4.1. after it installed, it said “successful press any button to restart it.” restarted to a black screen. I’ve tried 3 different copies of auto boot uubdv2 using the gc controller trick like 50 times with no luck. I tried using Nintendo's Official Wii Back-Up Disk v1.31 no luck. I put bootmii files on my sd card alone, still no luck. all I get is black screen. I never even got the ver # to come up in the corner just a blank black screen when I put a disk in. I hear it spinning and some clicks but that’s it. Someone please help!

And yes I have read a lot stuff about this but nothing helped yet

Oh yah I also tried the "unbrickmii" ntsc files on the sd card alone and Zantzue's Anti-brick Disc but no luck
    Last edited by flat480; 01-02-2010 at 08:44 AM. Reason: bad grammer

Congrats! you win this year's "the most letters put together with no punctuation" award!!

258 words without a comma or full stop. You've a couple of paragraphs in there and even a apostrophe but I think the guy who invented commas and full stops is turning in his grave right now.

It's very early in the year but I think we could be on to a winner here Messie.

Nice find by the way :P

As for the Brick Issue, will have to wait till later as my dinner is ready and I'm hungry!
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

Please help wii only boots to a black it doent flicker or nothing just a black screen the only way I can tell something is conneted to my tv is when I power up the wii ntsc comes up but thatís it

I started with a 3.2u installed the hb channel everything worked fine until nsmb came out so I installed cIOS38_rev14 and some other stuff like cios249 and the game worked the someone did a firmware up date to 4.2u via nintendos web site (biggggg mistake) so I had to re install the hb channel using bannerbomb I also installed dvdx and bootmii as an iso then downgraded back to 3.2u everything was fine until I tried to install Waninkoko Firmware Updater v4.1after it installed it said sucssesful press any button to restart it restarted to a black screen ive tried 3 different copys of autoboot uubdv2 using the gc controller trick like 50 times no luck I tried using Nintendo's Offical Wii BackUp Disk v1.31 no luck I put bootmii files on my sd card alone still no luck all I get is black screen I never even got the ver # to come up in the corner just a blank black screen when I put a disk in hear it spinning and some clicks but thatís it someone please help

Oh ya I also tried the unbrickmii ntsc files on the sd card alone and Zantzue's Anti-brick Disc but no luck

Please help wii only boots to a black it doent flicker or nothing just a black screen the only way I can tell something is conneted to my tv is when I power up the wii ntsc comes up but thatís it

I started with a 3.2u installed the hb channel everything worked fine until nsmb came out so I installed cIOS38_rev14 and some other stuff like cios249 and the game worked the someone did a firmware up date to 4.2u via nintendos web site (biggggg mistake) so I had to re install the hb channel using bannerbomb I also installed dvdx and bootmii as an iso then downgraded back to 3.2u everything was fine until I tried to install Waninkoko Firmware Updater v4.1after it installed it said sucssesful press any button to restart it restarted to a black screen ive tried 3 different copys of autoboot uubdv2 using the gc controller trick like 50 times no luck I tried using Nintendo's Offical Wii BackUp Disk v1.31 no luck I put bootmii files on my sd card alone still no luck all I get is black screen I never even got the ver # to come up in the corner just a blank black screen when I put a disk in hear it spinning and some clicks but thatís it someone please help

Oh ya I also tried the unbrickmii ntsc files on the sd card alone and Zantzue's Anti-brick Disc but no luck

sorry people i fixed it it woun't happen again.

well, that's much better, yet i am sorry to tell you that you have a low level brick and you cannot recover. you have the option of sending it o N for a repair (will cost you tho) or get a motherboard and replace it...

will i lose all my save games if i replace the motherboard?

yes you will. But this is the last thing you should worry about

one page i looked at said i had a low level brick and i needed a savemii to fix it. but i did try the savemiifrii. is it the samething?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast