Thread: Can i brick my wii if i use usb loader gx through the homebrew channel?

Can i brick my wii if i use usb loader gx through the homebrew channel?

i wanted to dump some games through it but i dont want to install can i brick?

WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    Whaaaaaat? Have no idea what you mean. you went through a whole softmod process and you are worried about a homebrew app that most ppl here use bricking your wii?

Watch out before the brick monster comes for YOU!

"I think that the Wii is a beautiful piece of hardware, and a broken Wii is a tragedy. It doesn’t matter why or how." -- Bushing

I crackd up when i saw this sorry i think i was in a rush when asking. I want to use usb loader gx to dump some games onto my flash drive Is it possible that i can brick using this app through the homebrew channel? My freind bricked when he installed this as a waad so im just wondering. Ithian i cracked up when i saw that pick thanks you made my day.

WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    wads can be dangerous, but the one in the 3.1-4.1 softmod guide i have used on 5 different wiis. obviosly a .dol run from the homebrew channel is safer than a .wad installed to the system. just be sure you use games that can fit onto it easily, i put 23 games on a harddrive and it was less than 60 gig, so you may be able to get 2 or 3 on an 8 gig flash drive.