Thread: Usb hdd

Usb hdd

I was wondering if there was a recommended brand/size that was compatable? I was abt to get an 8G thumb drive to just try and see if I could store a game or 2. I then saw a cpl 500G HDD's for $80 to $120 (Walmart). I figured I would wait to get some input. Why spend 30 on 8G when I can get 500G for a few more $$.

WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    You can't go wrong with just about anything from western digital. My friends have been getting the mybook essentials 2.0. A terrabyte harddrive for 99 bucks at wallmart. No issues at all.

Thank you, I figured a 500G will be a much better deal, that should hold plenty of media for the time being. Eventually it is never enough though

Thumbs up

Hic,
    I got me a 320 gig WD passport on Black Friday and I am loving it. Got about 15 games on it and have a few issues. Especially on Guitar Hero 5 and Band Hero. Surely it is a IOS issue. Which those games like the IOS 248 on the wii thru a disc loader but do not have IOS 248 on WiiFlow !!

WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Yea you will have a hard time using ios248 lol. there is another cios called hermes that helps usb support for the pretend instruments, if that's what you mean. and there are 2 versions of wiiflow for 249 and 222.

I'm using a 500G Western Digital drive...works perfect for me. I thought about a 1TB but damn I would never fill that or even come close with my 500G.

WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    I remember when i had a 2gig harddrive in my pc, and i thought that was huge and that i would never fill it up. Things change quickly in the world of technology. My understanding is that the 500gig was only 20 bucks less than the terrabyte, we set up a 500 gig partition for wii games, 100gig for homebrew, and the rest for movies and stuff since you can do that on the wii also.

I didn't install Hermes as that step said optional in ShadowSonic2's updated hack for 4.2. Can I go back and install it if need be?

WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    yes you can, i had to do this on a few wiis myself recently for the PRETEND instruments in some games.