Thread: After update

After update

I installed a wiikey 2 and recently decided to update the firmware for it, and after doing so I also updated the Wii. I now find I cant play the NTSC versions that I already had. My system is PAL and previously I use to be able to play both PAL and NTSC's.

Which update made this happen? And is there any software I could use to make downloaded games region free before I burn them?

Nintendo 4.2 update blocks Out of region playing with modchip, this has been known since day 1. http://wiibrew.org/wiki/System_Menu
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

Guess Im fooked. Any chance of making games region free before I burn them, as I have a hd full of NTSC ones? will region free ones even work on mine now?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by digo21 View Post
    Any chance of making games region free before I burn them, as I have a hd full of NTSC ones?
    Did you try : WiiBrickBlocker?

I havent tried that yet, but will use in the future.

Can my wii still do the 4.2 hack everone is talking about

wiibrickblocker has nothing to do with changing region. All wiibrickblocker does is removes the update partition on a game.
    If I have helped you in any way, please thank me by pressing the little thanks button.

Yes I read it, and I will use it in the future.

As I have updated to version 4.2E, can I still do the 4.2 hack and play games from sd card etc?