Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Special DVD Player to read a Wii Disc?

  1. #1

    Special DVD Player to read a Wii Disc?

    Will the LG GCC H23N work for making backups of Nintendo Wii games? My current Dell No-Name POS does not read the Nintendo Wii Original Games.

  2. #2
    As far as I know from reading this and other forums only 4 work.

    LG GDR 8161, 8162, 8163, 8164. Ebay has a few resellers.

  3. #3
    Admin / Super Mod ModderMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    GVR
    Posts
    8,841
    or use a sd adaptor for your GC port...use a disc backup prog and rip it to your sd card...then use your pc to unscramble and iso it

    No special lg drive needed

    Wiihacks Super Mod / Admin

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ModderMan View Post
    or use a sd adaptor for your GC port...use a disc backup prog and rip it to your sd card...then use your pc to unscramble and iso it

    No special lg drive needed
    Have my attention, any place you know of with a guide?

  5. #5
    Admin / Super Mod ModderMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    GVR
    Posts
    8,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdecarol View Post
    Have my attention, any place you know of with a guide?


    click here

    Wiihacks Super Mod / Admin

  6. #6

  7. #7
    I use the 8163b and love it. Haven't had a problem at all.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker_guy View Post
    I use the 8163b and love it. Haven't had a problem at all.
    I just ordered the 8163B for $68.00 shipped. I will report how it works when I get it.

  9. #9
    I just came up on a 8163B yesterday doing a PC tuneup on a Dell Optiplex for a coworker. Was just about disconect PC and put it in the car to take back when I thougt I would check model number on it. Sure enough there it was. Traded them an extra Sony burner I had laying around for it. Dumped 3 originals and they worked perfect. I was way happy with that find.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •