Thread: Question regarding Wiikey 2 and Wii DVD drives

Question regarding Wiikey 2 and Wii DVD drives

If I purchase a new Wii now and I get the newer models of the DVD drive (which is..?), would the Wiikey 2 work on it? Do the newer models have an epoxy on the solder points?

Thanks.

ohhh god this one I learned the hard way....in short no the wiikey 2 wont work on d3 or d3/nothing drives. furthermore if you had one of those drives,even if you buy a separate drive that is compatable with the wiikey 2 and replace the old one it still wont work right.I have a d3/nothing drive..so i replaced it with a brand new d2c drive with a wiikey 2 soldered and all kinds of issues....the guy at the mod shop(stand up guy) told me that because my previous drive was a d3/nothing it wont work right.now im getting a replacement drive and a brand new drivekey!!! its practically a fusion anyway so id go with that

I bought a Black Wii recently, it has the missing chip on the drive board, replaced the board with a d2c and a Wiikey 2 clip and it has been working with no issues for the last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by scimitars View Post
    ohhh god this one I learned the hard way....in short no the wiikey 2 wont work on d3 or d3/nothing drives. furthermore if you had one of those drives,even if you buy a separate drive that is compatable with the wiikey 2 and replace the old one it still wont work right.I have a d3/nothing drive..so i replaced it with a brand new d2c drive with a wiikey 2 soldered and all kinds of issues....the guy at the mod shop(stand up guy) told me that because my previous drive was a d3/nothing it wont work right.now im getting a replacement drive and a brand new drivekey!!! its practically a fusion anyway so id go with that

furthermore if you had one of those drives,even if you buy a separate drive that is compatable with the wiikey 2 and replace the old one it still wont work right.I have a d3/nothing drive..so i replaced it with a brand new d2c drive with a wiikey 2 soldered and all kinds of issues....

info is incorrect..please ignore the above

he was answered why it didn't work on this link
    http://www.wiihacks.com/wiikey-wiike...tml#post230157

yet still spreading the wrong info here
    Last edited by ModderMan; 02-02-2010 at 07:32 AM.