Thread: DVD volume too low

DVD volume too low

Hey guys. I'm new to the whole homebrew thing. I successfully installed the Homebrew channel on my 4.2 system with the hackmii installer v0.6. One of the reasons I looked into this was for DVD playback.

I tried to do a search for DVD, but it's too short of a keyword. If this info is already on here, please point me in the right direction, and if I posted in the wrong subforum, feel free to move my thread.

When I play DVDs with mplayer on my Wii, the volume is way too low. I have my software volume raised to 100, and I still have to turn my TV's volume as high as it goes to hear people talking. The regular Wii audio is plenty loud at about a third of my TV's volume. I'm using the mplayer TT version that is listed in the homebrew browser. I think it was called the Christmas edition.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get more volume out of DVDs on a Wii, or is that just something we have to deal with? If so, I'm going to have to use a regular DVD player.

Have you tried many different DVD's, music ones, films, etc, it may be that the Wii is struggling with the many different audio mutiplexes that DVD's now deliver, for e.g 2 channel Dolby Stereo, 5.1 Surround sound, etc.

I personally have had no problems with DVD playback on the Wii, but if you've exhausted your options, and the sound is still way too low, even on other TV's then a regular DVD player "may" be your only option.
    Homebrew Channel 1.0.6 | Internet Channel | Sys Menu 4.1e | NeoGamma R8 b15 | Preloader .30 r3 | cIOS38 r14 | Wad Manager 1.5 | cIOSCORP 3.5 | DVDX v2 | Mplayer CE | WiiGator GC Backup Launcher Ver 2.0 | Wii64 Nintendo 64 Emulator | Homebrew Browser V 0.3.6 | IOSCheck V 0.3.6